|Unofficial Member (Tamil),
Legislative Council of Ceylon
|Succeeded by||Simon Casie Chetty|
|Died||November 1836 (aged 52–53)|
Early life and family
Coomaraswamy married Visalachchi. They had a son (Muthu Coomaraswamy) and a daughter (Sellachi). Coomaraswamy was the grandfather of four eminent Ceylon Tamils: Ananda Coomaraswamy, P. Coomaraswamy, P. Ramanathan and P. Arunachalam.
Coomaraswamy died on 7 November 1836.
- Vythilingam, M. (1971). The Life of Sir Ponnambalam Ramanathan 1. pp. 37–48.
- Arumugam, S. (1997). Dictionary of Biography of the Tamils of Ceylon. pp. 40–41.
- "He won the admiration, affection of all". The Sunday Times (Sri Lanka). 1 February 1998.
- "Senanayakes of Botale". The Island (Sri Lanka). 22 October 2000.
- Muttucumaraswamy, V. (1992). Some Eminent Tamils. Department of Hindu Religious and Cultural Affairs, Sri Lanka. p. 1.
|This Sri Lankan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|