Austro Engine E4
|Austro Engine E4 (AE 300)|
|Type||Four-cylinder four-stroke aircraft engine|
|Major applications||Diamond DA42|
The Austro Engine E4 (marketed as the AE 300) is a liquid-cooled, inline, four-cylinder, four-stroke, diesel piston aircraft engine. The engine is manufactured by Austro Engine, an Austrian company and subsidiary of Diamond Aircraft.
Following Diamond's "General Aviation Single Point of Contact" strategy, Austro Engine started to design a new engine for use on Diamond products in 2005. It received its type certificate in January 2009.
- Diamond DA40
- Diamond DA42
- Diamond DA50
- Diamond DA52
- Diamond DA62 180hp AE330, based on a Mercedes-Benz engine
- Type: Four-cylinder, four-stroke diesel aircraft engine
- Bore: 83 mm (3.3 in)
- Stroke: 92 mm (3.6 in)
- Displacement: 1,991 cm3 (121 cu in)
- Length: 738 mm (29 in)
- Width: 855 mm (34 in)
- Height: 574 mm (23 in)
- Dry weight: 185 kg (408 lb)
- Reduction gear: Gearbox with 1:1.69 ratio
- Power output: 168 hp (125 kW)
- "Type Certificate Data Sheet E.200 Austro Engine E4 series engines" (PDF). European Aviation Safety Agency. 2015-04-13. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-10-04. Retrieved 2016-02-29.
- "AE300 Technical Data" (PDF). Austro Engine. Retrieved 2014-11-14.