|Born||1975 (age 40–41)
|Alma mater||Anahuac University|
WAN Awards, Performing Spaces, London Golden Award, A’Design Awards, Italy,Design Vanguard Award, 10 most promising world architects, New York, USA.
Gerardo Broissin was born in Mexico City in 1975. He became an internationally recognized architect in 2007 when the Architectural Record New York Magazine awarded him with the Design Vanguard Prize as One of the 10 Most Vanguard Architects in the world. Actually he leads the BROISSINarchitects workshop office in Mexico City, which he founded in 2007.
He graduated in 2000 with honors from the Anáhuac University Architecture School after being an exchange student in the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) in Los Angeles, California. He studied with Agustín Hernández for two years and in his beginnings worked together with Fernando Romero, later worked in a few projects with the Spanish Federico Soriano. Since 2007 he has been a professor at the [Anáhuac University Architecture School].
Broissin has gained international acclaim by being featured in numerous world - renowned architectural publications. In 2016 he was selected as jury of the highly praised WAN Awards for the Performance Spaces category in London, which he won in 2015. His motivating lectures have brought Broissin’ s firm international attention; in 2014 he held a lecture at the world-renowned Texas A&M Architecture Lecture Series, and a few years before at the College of Art & Design and Built Environment of NTU Nottingham Trent University in England.
His work has been extensively published and well received in the five continents; it is characterized for the development and contribution of innovative proposals in the solution of every project, comprising an extensive range of forms, textures and ideologies
- Green Hills School
- Coorporativo Banorte Tlalpan
- Shelter 02
- Estadio Lic. Eduardo Vasconselos
- Centro Cultural Vladimir Kaspe
- Sala de Conciertos Roberto Cantoral
- Golden Award, A’ Design Award, Green Hills Kindergarten School, Como, Italia, 2016
- WAN Awards, Performing Spaces, Centro Cultural Roberto Cantoral, London, England, 2015
- Golden Award, A’ Design Award, Centro Cultural Roberto Cantoral, Como, Italy, 2015
- LICC London Int'l Creative Competition, Honorable Mention, Installation, Del Avioncito al Barquito de Papel , 2015
- Finalist A+ Awards Architizer, Green Hills Kindergarten, New York, 2015
- First Place, Design´s Icon Award, Architectural Digest, Roberto Cantoral Concert Hall, Mexico 2012
- Building of the year, Roberto Cantoral Concert Hall, CNN Expansión Mexico, 2012
- Anahuac Leadership Medal, Mexico 2011
- First Place, National Interior Award. Sustainability, Shelter 02. Mexico 2010
- Golden Medal, Excellence Award, IV International Interior, Design and Landscape Biennale, International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers 2008
- Design Vanguard Award, 10 most promising world architects, 2007 Architectural Record, New York, USA.
- Best timber use Award, American Hardwood Export Council Latin America 2006,
- Work and Experience, Conde Nast Mexico, 2005
- First Place, Design´s Icon Award, Architectural Digest, Mexico 2006
- Finalist, Design´s Icon Award, Architectural Digest, México 2005.
- First Place, VK40 Competition, now Vladimir Kaspé Cultural Center, La Salle University, México, 2005
- First Place, National Interior Award. Commercial,
- Jury Selection, International architecture competition, Egypt Government, GEM-The Grand Egyptian Museum. Giza, Egypt 2003
- "Centro Cultural Roberto Cantoral". backstage.worldarchitecturenews.com. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- Studios, OMC Design. "Green Hills Kindergarten School". competition.adesignaward.com. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- Studios, OMC Design. "Centro Cultural Roberto Cantoral Concert Hall". competition.adesignaward.com. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "BROISSIN Architects Blazes a Trail for the Next Generation of Mexican Architects". archrecord.construction.com. Retrieved 2016-05-18.