|Categories||Computer magazine, Information technology|
|First issue||December 1992|
BUG is a Croatian monthly computer and information technology magazine, established in 1992. Published by the BUG publishing company, it is currently one of the most popular computer magazines in the country. It focuses primarily on PC hardware and software technology. The magazine also includes sections for video games, news, columnist writing (John C. Dvorak was a regular contributor), a helpdesk, and self-assembly.
Other magazines published by the same company are Mreža for professionals and Enter for beginners.
The magazine is named after the computing term bug. It has approximately 170 pages of content (with a DVD+R DL disc); it is sold in the SE European region of Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Slovenia. The current editor-in-chief is Miroslav Rosandić.
Software-related content usually centers around material for Windows users with occasional attention given to Macintosh and Linux. The magazine also takes part in hardware test rating (e.g., cameras, laptops, computer parts, and storage devices), internet phenomena articles, and some other material. Each year, the magazine publishes a list of the 25 top websites in Croatia.
The pages experienced a redesign in 2009, with the publication of the 200th issue of the magazine. The redesign was done after the associated website was revamped. In November 2010, the website launched a mobile version.
- Nacionalna i sveučilišna knjižnica u Zagrebu – Hrvatski časopisi u otvorenom pristupu Archived 24 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- "Hrvatska akademija znanosti i umjetnosti". Knjižnica. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Hrvatski časopisi – Povijesni pregled, Branka Sorokin, Zagreb, 24. ožujka 2003". Archived from the original on 7 September 2010. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- Čitanost hrvatskih izdanja
- "Impresum". Bug Online. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "2 September 2008 – Časopis Bug objavio članke o Prestigio Data Safe I i II". Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Hrvatski informatički časopis BUG proglasio je Podravkin kulinarski portal Coolinarika.com jednim od najboljih u Hrvatskoj". Podravka – Hrvatska. Archived from the original on 12 March 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Domagoj Pavlešić (22 December 2008). "Bug Online: Bug". Bug Online. Archived from the original on 6 March 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Dizajn i izrada web-stranica i aplikacija, savjetovanje". Bug Online @ Dizzy internetska rješenja. Archived from the original on 28 April 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Bug Online napokon mobilan – Netokracija.hr