Baron Neville de Raby
Baron Neville de Raby, also referred to as Baron Raby, was an ancient title in the Peerage of England. It was first created around 1295 for Ralph Neville. The fourth baron was created Earl of Westmorland in 1397, and the two titles remained merged until the sixth earl was attainted in 1571. The title was created a second time in 1459 when John Neville (brother of the 2nd Earl of Westmorland and 5th Baron) was summoned to Parliament as Lord Neville on November 20, 1459. He was attainted in 1461, but the attainder was reversed and his son Ralph succeeded in 1472. Ralph became Earl of Westmorland in 1484 and both creations remained merged with that earldom.
Barons Neville de Raby (1295)
- Ralph Neville, 1st Baron Neville de Raby (1262–1331)
- Ralph Neville, 2nd Baron Neville de Raby (1291–1367)[a]
- John Neville, 3rd Baron Neville de Raby (1328–1388)[b]
- Ralph Neville, 4th Baron Neville de Raby (c.1364–1425) (created Earl of Westmorland in 1397)
for further succession see Earl of Westmorland
- Lundy, Darryl (23 January 2011). "John de Neville, 3rd Lord Neville". thePeerage.com. p. 350 § 3492.
- Lundy, Darryl (29 February 2012a). "Ranulf de Neville, 1st Lord Neville". thePeerage.com. p. 1962 § 19618.
- Lundy, Darryl (29 February 2012b). "Ralph de Neville, 2nd Lord Neville". thePeerage.com. p. 10692 § 106914.
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (1999). Burke's Peerage and Baronetage 1 (106th edition, 2 volumes ed.). Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage. p. 14.
- Tuck, Anthony (January 2008) . "Neville, Ralph, fourth Lord Neville (c.1291–1367)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/19950. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.) The first edition of this text is available as an article on Wikisource: Lee, Sidney, ed. (1894). "Neville, Ralph de". Dictionary of National Biography 40. London: Smith, Elder & Co.
- Weir, Alison (1999). Britain's Royal Families: The Complete Genealogy. London: The Bodley Head. p. 79.
- "de Neville Family Genealogy". Renderplus.com. 25 August 2002. Retrieved May 2014.
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages – Peerages beginning with "N" (part 1)