She holds an MFA in graphic design and a PhD in art, design and architecture from Bilkent University, and is active internationally with art and technology related projects. She attended the Seventh Curatorial Training Programme of Stichting De Appel, Amsterdam in 2002. She has been writing on art, technology and media, initiating and developing projects and curating exhibitions since 1995.
Şenova is the editor of art-ist 6, Kontrol Online Magazine and Lapses book series, UNCOVERED, Aftermath, Yane Calovski. Obje’ct and Scientific Inquiries among other publications. She is an editorial correspondent for ibraaz.org and Flash Art International and also one of the founding members of NOMAD, as well as the organizer of ctrl_alt_del and Upgrade!Istanbul.
Şenova was the curator of the Pavilion of Turkey at the 53rd Venice Biennale. As an assistant professor, she lectured in various universities in Turkey such as Kadir Has University, Bilgi University and Koç University and Bilkent University. Şenova has initiated projects and curated exhibitions in Turkey and abroad since 1996. Her curatorial projects include ctrl-alt-del sound art project series (since 2003), "NOMAD-TV.network 01", "loosing.ctrl", "Serial Cases", "under.ctrl", "s-network", "Rejection Episodes", "Conscious in Coma", "Unrecorded", "Aftermath", "Soft Borders" and "The Translation". She curated Zorlu Center Collection for two years (2011-2012). She co-curated the UNCOVERED (Cyprus) and the 2nd Biennial of Contemporary Art, D-0 ARK Underground (Bosnia and Herzegovina). In 2014, she acted as the Art Gallery Chair of (ACM) SIGGRAPH 2014 (Vancouver) the curator of the Helsinki Photography Biennial 2014 and the Jerusalem Show. In 2015, she curated the Pavilion of Republic of Macedonia at the 56th Venice Biennale.
- Basak Senova and Jerusalem Show VII
- ibraaz on Basak Senova and Jerusalem Show VII: Fractures
- Basak Senova and the program of Jerusalem Show VII: Fractures
- How two Turkish women have been making Istanbul a hub for contemporary art by By Joobin Bekhrad on ReOrient
- Basak Senova and Helsinki Photography Biennial 2014
- Basak Senova and some of the activities of Helsinki Photography Biennial 2014
- Basak Senova and the program of Helsinki Photography Biennial 2014
- Siggraph 2014 Art Gallery and Basak Senova
- Rachele Riley on Siggraph 2014 Art Gallery and Basak Senova
- Siggraph 2014 Art Gallery explores Acting in Translation with Basak Senova
- Basak Senova and the 2nd edition of Project Biennial D-0 ARK Underground, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 2nd edition of Project Biennial D-0 ARK Underground, Bosnia and Herzegovina curated by Basak Senova
- An interview with Basak Senova of NOMAD by Süreyya Evren
- Interview with Basak Senova, recorded at Platform´s Garanti residency studio Istanbul. may 2006, by son:DA