Base One International
|Headquarters||New York City|
|Products||BFC, Base One Number Class|
|Services||Base One Consulting|
Base One International Corp. (BOIC) develops software for constructing database applications and distributed computing systems. Headquartered in New York City, the company was founded in 1993 and expanded in 1997 through the founding of its subsidiary, Base One Software Pvt. Ltd., in Bangalore, India. Base One holds a number of U.S. patents related to its technologies for distributed computing and high-precision arithmetic.
The company's principal product, the Base One Foundation Component Library (BFC), is a rapid application development (RAD) toolkit aimed at users of Microsoft Visual Studio in conjunction with any of the major commercial DBMS products from Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Sybase, or MySQL. Customers include the U.S. Government and Fortune 500 companies in finance, insurance, media, and communications.
- GRIDtoday. Patent Granted for Database-Centric Distributed Computing, March 26, 2007. Accessed October 4, 2007.
- Official corporate website
- IDC INSIGHT. Base One: Grid Computing for Database-Centric Applications, Earl Joseph, Ph.D., John Humphreys, September 2004. Accessed April 10, 2008.
- Second Venture. The Top 50 Emerging Companies voted by 140 Venture Capital Funds & Angel Investors, December 14, 2004. Accessed April 10, 2008.
- FinanceTech. Base One Shares at SIA, June 23, 2005. Accessed April 10, 2008.
- NYSIA. On the Grid: A Report on Base One International Corporation, December 1, 2005. Accessed April 10, 2008.