(Redirected from Berachiah)Jump to navigation Jump to search
People named Berechiah
- the father of the Hebrew prophet Zechariah and son of Iddo, according to Zechariah 1:1, but probably not the prophet by the same name. In Isaiah 8:2, he is referred to by the longer form of the same name, Jeberechiah or Jeberekiah.
- son of Zerubbabel, according to 1 Chronicles 3:19-20 and the Seder Olam Zutta, was an Exilarch in Babylon
Other people with that name
- Berechiah ha-Nakdan, 13th century writer and fabulist
- Berechiah de Nicole, also known as Benedict fil Mosse, a 13th-century Tosafist who lived at Lincoln, England.
- Berechiah Berak ben Isaac Eisik Shapira (died 1664), Galician preacher.
- T. K. Cheyne; J. Sutherland Black, eds. (1901) . "Jeberechiah". Encyclopaedia Biblica: A Critical Dictionary of the Literary, Political, and Religious History, the Archaeology, Geography, and Natural History of the Bible. 2, E-K. New York: The Macmillan Company.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|
|This given name–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|