Berg Church (Berg)
View of the church
|Denomination||Church of Norway|
|Architectural type||Long church|
Berg Church (Norwegian: Berg kirke) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Berg Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Skaland. It is the main church for the Berg parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, stone church was built in a long church style in 1955 by the architect Hans Magnus. The church seats about 225 people.
The altarpiece carved in wood was decorated by Torvald Kildal Moseid (1917-2000). Moseid also designed the stained glass in the church. The organ is a pneumatic organ from Vestre Orgelfabrikk. The church bell is from Olsen Nauen Bell Foundry (Olsen Nauen Klokkestøperi).
- "Berg kirkested". Kulturminnesøk. Retrieved 2018-04-01.
- "Berg kirke, Skaland". Kirkesøk: Kirkebyggdatabasen. Retrieved 2018-07-21.
- "Oversikt over Nåværende Kirker" (in Norwegian). KirkeKonsulenten.no. Retrieved 2018-07-21.
- Sigmund Christensen. "Torvald Moseid". Norsk biografisk leksikon. Retrieved 2018-04-01.
- "Olsen Nauen klokkestøperi". lokalhistoriewiki.no. Retrieved 2018-04-01.