Bergset is the administrative centre of Rendalen municipality in Hedmark, Norway. Its population (SSB 2005) was 266. Bergset was also the administrative centre of the former municipality of Øvre Rendal which is now a part of Rendalen. Bergset is situated in the largely rural valley of Østerdalen.  
Øvre Rendal Church (Øvre Rendal Kirke) in Bergset dates to 1761. The wooden church building has 350 seats. Rendalen Bygdemuseum in Bergset contains a collection relating to author Jacob Breda Bull (1853–1930) who was a resident of Rendalen. Nearby Ytre Rendal kirke is the site of his burial.   
- Morten Olsen Haugen. "Bergset". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- Lars Mæhlum. "Østerdalen". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Øvre Rendal Church". Pilegrimsleden. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Øvre Rendal kirke". Kulturminnesok. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- "Rendalen Bygdemuseum". museainordosterdalen. Retrieved September 1, 2018.
- Haugen, Aslaug Sikveland (2008) Kirker og kirkeliv i Øvre Rendal — i anledning Øvre Rendal kirkes 250 år 1759-2009 (Øvre Rendal menighetsråd) ISBN 978-82-303-1111-0
|This Hedmark location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|