I Was a Child of Holocaust Survivors
|I Was a Child of Holocaust Survivors|
|Directed by||Ann Marie Fleming|
|Produced by||Gerry Flahive
|Written by||Ann Marie Fleming|
|Music by||Pierre Yves Drapeau
|Edited by||Ann Marie Fleming
I Was a Child of Holocaust Survivors is a 2010 animated film by Ann Marie Fleming based on a 2006 autobiographical graphic novel by Bernice Eisenstein. In the book and its film adaptation, Eisenstein explores her own identity through the experience of her parents, both Auschwitz survivors.
Fleming was one of several animators approached by National Film Board of Canada producer Michael Fukushima for film treatments for a planned adaption of Eisenstein's book. Fleming had never head of the book and was at first reluctant, as she was more accustomed to creating her own personal works and because as a non-Jew, she was unsure she would be able to portray Eisenstein's story. She was assured that her background was not an issue for the NFB or the author, and submitted a proposal that was eventually accepted. Work on the 15-minute film would take almost four years, with Fleming using three animators: Lillian Chan, Howie Shia and Kevin Langdale. The film was named one of the Toronto International Film Festival's top ten Canadian films of the year.
- Tousignant, Isa (15 July 2006). "Wondering Jew". Hour. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Schwarzbaum, Lisa (11 August 2006). "I Was a Child of Holocaust Survivors". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Dallian, Wendy (16 September 2010). "I Was a Child of Holocaust Survivors" (Interview with Ann Marie Fleming). Vancouver Observer. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- Takeuchi, Craig (14 December 2010). "Ann Marie Fleming's animated Holocaust short gets into Canada's Top Ten". Georgia Straight. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- I Was A Child Of Holocaust Survivors at the National Film Board of Canada
- I Was a Child of Holocaust Survivors on IMDb
|This article related to a short animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a historical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|