Big Guns (1987 film)
The cast included Mike Henson, Kevin Williams, Chad Douglas, Chris Gray, Jeff Boote, Jeff Quinn, John Davenport, John Rocklin, Kevin Wiles, and Mike Ryan.
Director/writer/cinematographer: William Higgins; Editors: Chet Thomas, Mark Steele and Marc Fredrics; Music: Costello Presley; Camera: John Travis. Original running time: 104 minutes. The film was re-released on DVD in 2007 as "Big Guns: 20th Anniversary Edition" and was remastered, color corrected and restored with its original ending cut from the original feature film. The 20th Anniversary version runs 122 minutes.
A sequel, "Hot Rods: The Young and the Hung Part 2," was shot consurrently and released the following year. "Big Guns" ends with a cliff-hanger scene that plays out as the first scene in "Hot Rods." (Although "Hot Hods" is subtitled "The Young and the Hung Part 2" it is not a sequel to the 1985 WIlliam Higgins film "The Young and the Hung" starring Brian Estevez, Christopher Lance, Francois Papillon, Grant Fagan, J.T. Denver, Jim Erickson, Ken Kerns, Michael Gere, Terry Evans, Tex Anthony and Troy Ramsey). The unofficial sequel "Big Guns 2" was made in 1998.
Awards and nominations
- 1987 X-Rated Critics Organization winner of Best Film.
- 2002 Grabby Awards winner of Best Classic.
- 2005 GayVN Awards winner of Best Classic Gay Film.
- "AVN - Channel 1 Acquires Catalina". AVN. 1 August 2007. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "XRCO award winners". XRCO.
- "The 2002 Grabby Awards Nominations". Grabby Awards Show. Archived from the original on June 4, 2004.
- "The 12th Annual (2002) Grabby Award Winners". Gay Chicago Magazine. 24 May 2003. Archived from the original on 9 May 2004.
- "2005 GayVN Nominations". 1 February 2006.
|This pornographic film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|