|Full name||William Lloyd Francis|
|Born||October 1947 (age 68–69)
|Position||Fullback, Wing, Centre, Stand-off/Five-eighth|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
William "Bill" L. Francis (born October 1947) born in Featherstone, is an English born Welsh professional rugby league footballer of the 1960s, '70s, and '80s playing at representative level for Great Britain, Wales, and Yorkshire, and at club level for Wigan, St. Helens, Oldham, and Salford, as a Fullback, Wing, Centre, Stand-off/Five-eighth, i.e. number 1, 2 or 5, 3 or 4, or 6.
Bill Francis won caps for Wales while at Wigan in 1975 against France, England, in the 1975 Rugby League World Cup against France, England, Australia, New Zealand, England, Australia, New Zealand, and France, in 1977 against England, and France, while at St. Helens in 1978 against France, England, and Australia, in 1979 against France, and England, while at Oldham in 1980 against France, and England, and won caps for Great Britain while at Wigan in 1967 against Australia, and in the 1977 Rugby League World Cup against New Zealand, Australia (2 matches).
County league appearances
County Cup final appearances
Bill Francis played Centre, i.e. number 3, and scored a try in Wigan's 15-8 victory over Widnes in the 1971 Lancashire Cup final during the 1971–72 season at Knowsley Road, St. Helens on Saturday 28 August 1971, and played Fullback in the 19-9 victory over Salford in the 1973 Lancashire Cup final during the 1973–74 season at Wilderspool Stadium, Warrington, on Saturday 13 October 1973.
BBC2 Floodlit Trophy final appearances
Bill Francis played Right-Wing, i.e. number 2, in Wigan's 7-4 victory over St. Helens in the 1968 BBC2 Floodlit Trophy final during the 1968–69 season at Central Park, Wigan on Tuesday 17 December 1968, played Centre, i.e. number 3, and scored 2-conversion in the 6-11 defeat by Leigh in the 1969 BBC2 Floodlit Trophy final during the 1969–70 season at Central Park, Wigan on Tuesday 16 December 1969, played Stand-off/Five-eighth in St. Helens' 11-26 defeat by Hull Kingston Rovers in the 1977 BBC2 Floodlit Trophy final during the 1977–78 season at Craven Park, Kingston upon Hull on Tuesday 13 December 1977, and played Stand-off/Five-eighth in the 7-13 defeat by Widnes in the 1978 BBC2 Floodlit Trophy final during the 1978–79 season at Knowsley Road, St. Helens on Tuesday 12 December 1978.
Bill Francis made his début for Wigan in the 12-0 victory over Liverpool City in the Western Division Championship at Central Park, Wigan on Thursday 28 March 1963, he scored his first try for Wigan in the 17-5 victory over Warrington at Central Park, Wigan on Monday 2 January 1967, he was the top try-scorer with 40-tries in the Championship during the 1968–69 season, he played Centre, i.e. number 4, and was sent-off for fighting with Gary Hetherington (Left-Second-row, i.e. number 11) in the 78th Minute in Wigan's 7-8 defeat by York in the 1976-77 Players No.6 Trophy second round during the 1976–77 season at Clarence Street, York on Sunday 7 November 1976, he scored his last try for Wigan in the 52-8 victory over Whitehaven at Central Park, Wigan on Sunday 28 August 1977, and played his last match for Wigan in the 13-18 defeat by Bradford Northern at Odsal Stadium, Bradford on Sunday 9 October 1977.
- Morris, Graham (2005). Wigan Rugby League Football Club: 100 Greats. Stroud: Tempus Publishing. p. 52. ISBN 978-0-7524-3470-4.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Williams, Graham; Lush, Peter; Farrar, David (2009). The British Rugby League Records Book. London League. pp. 108–114. ISBN 978-1-903659-49-6.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1971-1972 Lancashire Cup Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1973-1974 Lancashire Cup Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1968-1968 BBC2 Floodlit Trophy Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Statistics at wigan.rlfans.com
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at orl-heritagetrust.org.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Statistics at saints.org.uk
- The Ones That Got Away
- Wales 1975 Team - Seven of these players played for Salford at some stage
- Bill Francis - Salford v Swinton 1981
- Packing down against Bradford in the 17-13 Challenge Cup win February 1981
- Bill Francis - Salford RLFC 1981