Biomax Informatics AG
|Industry||Bioinformatics, software, services|
|Headquarters||Martinsried, Munich, Germany|
|Klaus Heumann, CEO|
|Products||See detailed listing|
Biomax Informatics is a Munich-based software company specializing in research software for bioinformatics. Biomax was founded in 1997 and has its roots in the Munich Information Center for Protein Sequences (MIPS). The company's customer base consists of companies and research organizations in the areas of drug discovery, diagnostics, fine chemicals, food and plant production. In addition to exclusive software tools, Biomax Informatics provides services and curated knowledge bases.
Biomax Informatics and Sophic Systems Alliance Inc. (USA) participate in the Cancer Gene Data Curation Project with the National Cancer Institute (USA). This project maintains a public data set of cancer-related genes and drugs. This data set has been integrated with the NCI's caBIO (cancer Bioinformatics Infrastructure Objects) domain model which is part of the CaBIG Integrative Cancer Research (ICR) workspace. This Cancer Gene Index can be obtained separately from an NCI web site.
- BioXM Knowledge Management Environment
- BioRS Integration and Retrieval System
- Pedant-Pro Sequence Analysis Suite
- Viscovery Software GmbH
- Biomax Informatics AG acquires data mining business from eudaptics
- "No gene left behind" by Amy Swinderman in Drug Discovery News Informatics
- Cancer Gene Index End User Documentation[unreliable source?] Archived May 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Creation of the Cancer Gene Index[unreliable source?] Archived June 2, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Losko, Sascha; Wenger, Karsten; Kalus, Wenzel; Ramge, Andrea; Wiehler, Jens; Heumann, Klaus (2006). "Knowledge Networks of Biological and Medical Data: an Exhaustive and Flexible Solution to Model Life Science Domains". 4075: 232. doi:10.1007/11799511_21.
- Losko, Sascha; Heumann, Klaus (2009). "Semantic Data Integration and Knowledge Management to Represent Biological Network Associations". Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.). 563: 241–58. doi:10.1007/978-1-60761-175-2_13. PMID 19597789.
- Kaps, Andreas; Dyshlevoi, Konstantin; Heumann, Klaus; Jost, Ralf; Kontodinas, Ioannis; Wolff, Martin; Hani, Jean (2006). "The BioRS (TM) Integration and Retrieval System: An open system for distributed data integration". Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics. doi:10.2390/biecoll-jib-2006-44. ISSN 1613-4516.