Bob King (children's musician)
- Children's songs (1990)
Some of Bob King's songs have become standards in Canada and have been recorded by other artists. His two best known songs, which have sold a million copies apiece are "Sandwiches", full title "Sandwiches Are Beautiful", and "Brother for Sale".
"Sandwiches", with the beginning "Sandwiches are beautiful, Sandwiches are fine. I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time; I eat them for my supper and I eat them for my lunch", has been recorded by other Canadian's children's musicians including Fred Penner. The song has been cited in speech teaching books for teaching children pronunciation of "S", and appeared in media, such as sung in Winnipeg playwright Bruce Mcmanus's play Caffe.
"Brother for Sale" has also been recorded by other artists, including, as children, by twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
- Rob Reid - Children's Jukebox: The Select Subject Guide to Children's Musical Recordings 2007 Page 26 " "Sandwiches" (Bob King)
- 1990 Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market Connie Wright Eidenier - 1990 -- Page 184 "Recently recorded songs: "Sandwiches," "Sandwich Polka," "The People on My Street," all written and recorded by Bob King on the Oak Street label (children's music)."
- Canadiana 1990 - Page 194 "Children's songs: Bob King, with instrumental and vocal acc. Words and crédits on folder. Composed and performed by Bob King. Canadian. Contents: Sandwiches (2:33) - The sandwich polka (2:25) - I heard a knock (3:49) ...
- Casablanca Kids, Bob King Archived January 13, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- New Canadian Drama -McManus, Bruce, Neil Carson, Alf Silver - 1986 Volume 4 - Page 55 "BETTY: [Singing from Bob King's "Sandwiches Are Beautiful ] Sandwiches are beautiful, sandwiches are fun, I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time. ANDY: Hi Betty. 1 got us an entertainer. BETTY: [Putting down the box on the counter] Great."
|This article about a Canadian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|