British NVC community MC12 (Festuca rubra – Hyacinthoides non-scripta maritime bluebell community)
British NVC community MC12 (Festuca rubra – Hyacinthoides non-scripta maritime bluebell community) is one of the maritime cliff communities in the British National Vegetation Classification system. It is one of five communities categorised as maritime sea-cliff grasslands.
This community is found locally in western coastal areas of Britain. There are two subcommunities.
Four constant species are found in this community:
- Red fescue, Festuca rubra
- Bluebell, Hyacinthoides non-scripta
- Common sorrel, Rumex acetosa
- Yorkshire-fog, Holcus lanatus
There are two subcommunities:
- the Armeria maritima subcommunity
- the Ranunculus ficaria subcommunity
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)