Bryn Evans (New Zealand rugby union)
|Full name||Bryn Evans|
|Date of birth||28 October 1984|
|Place of birth||Hastings, New Zealand|
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||115 kg (18 st 2 lb)|
|School||Napier Boys' High School|
|Rugby union career|
Evans was born in Hastings and attended high school in Napier. He was accepted into the New Zealand Secondary Schools team in 2005. The following year, he made his provincial debut for Hawke's Bay in the Air New Zealand Cup.
Evans joined English club London Irish in 2011 on a two-year contract. The All Black second row was one of numerous international players to join the club in 2011. On 10 June 2014, Evans joined French club Biarritz Olympique in the Pro D2 league.
Evans earned his first startup for the All Blacks in 2009, making his debut against France in June. He played two tests against France, before a back injury left him forced him to pull out for the rest of the international mid-year season, as well as the 2009 Air New Zealand Cup.
- All Blacks statistics: Bryn Evans. Retrieved on 24 September 2009.
- "London Irish sign former All-Black lock Bryn Evans". London Irish. 24 May 2011.<?ref>
- "Former All-Black lock Bryn Evans joins Biarritz Olympique". Get Reading. 10 June 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "Sale Sharks sign former All-Black second-row Bryn Evans from Biarritz Olympique". BBC Sport. 21 May 2015. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- ONE Sport (12 August 2009). "All Black lock needs back surgery". TVNZ. Retrieved 24 September 2009.