|Also known as||Buzzoven, Buzzov-en, Buzzov.en, Buzzov*en|
|Origin||Salisbury, North Carolina, United States|
|Genres||Sludge metal, thrash metal, hardcore punk, noise rock|
|Years active||1990–1999, 2010-present|
|Labels||Relapse, Hydra Head, Roadrunner, Allied Recordings, Alternative Tentacles,|
|Associated acts||Weedeater, Sourvein, Acid King|
|Past members||Fred Hutch|
Buzzoven (typeset Buzzov•en) is an American heavy metal band from Salisbury, North Carolina, United States, formed in 1990. The band was known for being one of the founders of the sludge genre along with NOLA's Eyehategod and Acid Bath, and also for their out-of-control and violent live shows. The band in its early days toured heavily around the United States and built up a cult following leading up to the release of their debut album, To a Frown (1993), which caught the attention of Roadrunner Records, who released the band's second album Sore (1994). The band was dropped by Roadrunner, and from then on have gone through several periods of being split-up and reformed, with the only constant member having been Kirk Fisher. In 2018, the band toured the Southern US as one of the opening acts for Eyehategod.
- Kirk Fisher - vocals, guitar
- "t.roy - bass guitar
- Ashley- drums
- Fred Hutch - bass (1990-1991)
- Scott Majors - drums (1990-1992)
- Brian Hill - bass (1991-1995)
- Ashley Williamson - drums (1992-1995)
- Buddy Apostolis - guitars (1994); died 2002)
- Dennis Woolard - guitars (1992-1993)
- Johnny Brito - guitars (1994-1995)
- Craig Baker - guitars (1997-1998)
- Dave Collins-bass guitar (1997-1999) (2010)
- Ramsey Simple -drums(1997-1999)(2010)
- David "Mohawk" Miranda - guitars
- Mykull Davidson - samples (1992-1996)
- T.roy Sourvein - samples, vocals (1996-1999)
Albums and EPs
|1992||Hate Box||EP||Kirbdog Records|
|1993||To a Frown||Studio album||Allied Recordings|
|1994||Sore||Studio album||Roadrunner Records|
|1994||Unwilling to Explain||EP||Allied Recordings|
|1994||Paintime Grit||EP||Allied Recordings|
|1997||The Gospel According… II||EP||Allied Recordings|
|1998||At a Loss||Studio album||Off The Records|
|recorded in 1998,
officially released in 2011
|Revelation: Sick Again||Studio album||Hydra Head Records|
|2005||Welcome to Violence||Compilation album||Alternative Tentacles|
|2010||Violence From The Vault||Compilation album||Relapse|
|1994||"Wife Beater" (split with God and Texas)||Kustom Kitchen Records|
|1996||"Nod" (split with Sourvein)||Mudflap Records|
- Colin Larkin, ed. (1995). The Guinness Who’s Who of Heavy Metal (Second ed.). Guinness Publishing. p. 71. ISBN 0-85112-656-1.
- Ayers, Chris (February 2, 2010). "Buzzov*en". Exclaim!. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- BBG (August 2, 2010). "Buzzoven playing shows including a boat in NY w/ Black Tusk". BrooklynVegan. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- Ramirez, Carlos (May 21, 2012). "Five Underrated Metal/Hard Rock Bands by THC : Music's Thom Hazaert". Noisecreep. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- di Fabio, Luca (February 28, 2018). "Eyehategod Announce Spring 2018 Tour Dates with Cro-Mags". mxdwn Music. Retrieved May 10, 2019.