Calendar (2017 film)
|Directed by||Himjyoti Talukdar|
Jhulan Krishna Mahanta
|Story by||Himjyoti Talukdar|
|Music by||Tarali Sarma|
|Edited by||Jhulan Krishna Mahanta|
|16 February 2018|
Calendar (Assamese: কেলেণ্ডাৰ) is an Assamese language feature film directed by Himjyoti Talukdar under the banner of Enajori talkies. The film stars Moloya Goswami, Arun Nath, Gunjan Bhardwaj and Rimjhim Deka. The movie got released on 16 February 2018 in theatres across Assam. The film has received good word of mouth publicity and the footfall has been increasing since its release. Lots of people has expressed in social media how this film made them emotional about their relationship with the family especially old parents. The film received received the maximum number of 7 awards in Prag Cine Awards North East 2018 in various categories.
- Moloya Goswami as Manorama Kakati
- Arun Nath as Hitesh Kakati
- Gunjan Bhardwaj as Arunabh
- Rimjhim Deka
Hitesh Kakati is a retired teacher who lives with his wife Manorama Kakati happily in a small town. Their son, newly married Arunav, stays in Delhi with his non-Assamese wife. Both the son and daughter-in-law are very dear to Hitesh and Manorama Kakati, and they too love their parents a lot. But, the situation gradually changes when Arunav comes home during Magh Bihu and tells Manorama, a major problem which he is facing in his professional life. Manorama becomes tensed after knowing Arunav’s crisis and plans to help him in her own way. On the other hand, Manorama always notes down her monthly activities in a yearly calendar gifted by Kakati on New Year. She marks every event in that particular calendar with a circle mentioning the event name. But she marks a few dates with circles without mentioning anything, which then leads to the exploring of a different tale, devastating Hitesh Kakati.
Production and development
The film was shot in beautiful locations in Dergaon, Golaghat & Jakhalabandha of Assam. The film teaser was launched on 27 February 2017. The film received CBFC Certificate on December 13, 2017 and released on 16 February 2018.
The soundtrack is composed by Tarali Sarma and features playback singer Siddharth Hazarika.
Two songs of the film is penned down by Tarali Sarma and one song is written by Santanu Rowmuria.
|1.||"Hothate Dekhu Jibone"||Tarali Sarma||Tarali Sarma||Siddharth Hazarika||4:38|
|2.||"Xoru Xoru"||Tarali Sarma||Tarali Sarma||Siddharth Hazarika||3:46|
|3.||"Jibone Umole Jamole"||Santanu Rowmuria||Tarali Sarma||Siddharth Hazarika||4:42|
|Not included track|
|4.||"Xoru Xoru"||Tarali Sarma||Tarali Sarma||Tarali Sarma||3:46|
- Best Actor (Male) : Arun Nath
- Best Debut Director : Himjyoti Talukdar
- Best Supporting Actor (Female) : Rimjhim Deka
- Best Screenplay : Himjyoti Talukdar, Santanu Rowmuria, Jhulan Krishna Mahanta
- Best Lyrics : Tarali Sarma
- Best Singer (Male) : Siddharth Hazarika
- Best Art Direction : Kalpana Borah
Official selection at festivals
- "Himjyoti Talukdar's New Assamese Movie Calendar". sadin.co.in. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- Kalita, Kalyan Kumar. "New Assamese Film Calendar", Asomiya Khobor, Guwahati, 26 February 2017.
- "Govinda at Prag Cine Awards 2018". North East Today. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Teaser of upcoming Assamese film "Calendar" released, Promises to touch hearts". unitreed.com. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- Movie Watch "Calendar", The Northeast Today, Guwahati, March 2017.
- "Calendar by Siddharth Hazarika, Tarali Sarma". saavn.com. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Calendar". jagranfilmfestival.co.in. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "Calendar Festival". habitatfilmclub.com. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
|This article about an Assamese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|