|Traded as||ASX: ALQ|
Number of locations
|370 sites, 65 countries, 6 continents(end 2016)|
|Services||Testing, Inspection, Certification, Verification|
|Revenue||AUD 1.365 billion (end 2016)|
Number of employees
|11,500 (end 2016)|
|Divisions||Minerals, Life Sciences, Energy, Industrial|
ALS Limited (ASX:ALQ) is a listed Australian testing services provider. Formed under the name "Campbell Brothers" in 1863 as a soap and chemical manufacturer and listed on the ASX in 1952. ALS Limited is a leading testing, inspection, certification, and verification company headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates four major divisions: Life Sciences, Minerals, Industrial, and Energy. Today, ALS Limited is one of the largest analytical and testing groups in the world.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
ALS commenced laboratory testing operations in Brisbane as ‘Australian Laboratory Services' in 1976 as a privately owned company. The company initially provided analytical services for the oil shale and mineral exploration industries and grew steadily in its first decade of operations.
In 1981, ALS was acquired by Campbell Brothers Limited, a Queensland based company first registered in 1863 and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1952 (ASX:CPB). Campbell Brothers has a strong record of consistent revenue growth and profitability.
Following rapid growth and diversification across Australia in the 1980s, ALS expanded into Asia and South America in the 1990s, before expanding into North America, Africa, and Europe in the early 2000s and finally the Middle East in 2011.
ALS became one of the world's largest providers of laboratory analysis services to the minerals industry, after acquiring North American mineral laboratory groups Chemex Labs in Dec 1999 and Bondar Clegg in December 2001.
- ALS Life Sciences: Comprises four primary analytical testing areas: Environmental, Food and Pharmaceutical, Electronics, and Consumer Products.
- ALS Minerals: Provides testing services for the global mining industry in four key service areas: Geochemistry, Metallurgy, Mine Site Services and Inspection. Mineral services cover the entire resource life-cycle from exploration, feasibility, production, design, development through to trade, and finally rehabilitation.
- ALS Energy: Delivers quality technical solutions to the coal, and oil and gas industries through an expansive range of analysis and certification testing services supporting exploration, production and cargo shipment.
- ALS Industrial: Provides diagnostic testing and engineering solutions for the energy, resources, transportation and infrastructure sectors.
- Commodity trading
- Consumer products
- Environmental, health & safety
- Mining & exploration
- Oil & gas
- Power generation
- Pulp & paper
- Smelting & refining
Awards & Recognitions
- In 2011 ALS Limited was awarded the inaugural CARE award for innovation. This was judged across the entire Environmental industry in Australia.
- In 2013 ALS Limited was a finalist in the CARE award with the 'results to mobile phone' applications.
- "2016 annual Report" (PDF). ALS Limited. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Queensland Business Leaders Hall of Fame | ALS Limited (formerly Campbell Brothers)". leaders.slq.qld.gov.au. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Our history : ALS". www.alsglobal.com. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Industries : ALS". www.alsglobal.com. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|