Canberra Country Blues & Roots Festival
|Canberra Country Blues & Roots Festival|
|Years active||2009 -present|
The Canberra Country Blues & Roots Festival, originally established as the Canberra Country Music Festival, is a 3-day event held annually in November with a focus on all subgenres of country music, dance and workshops. The event has been held in various locations around Canberra including Tuggeranong Homestead, Exhibition Park in Canberra, and the Hall Showgrounds
The festival has a reputation for giving national and international exposure to Australian Indigenous country music performers. The festival is also the home of the Canberra Country Music Awards, Canberra Country Songwriting Awards, Country's Got Talent competition and Canberra Ute Car + Truck Muster. The latter event has been unique in featuring Top Gear's Arctic Explorer Hi Lux vehicles as well as the first electric and hybrid awards for utes and trucks in Australia.
- List of country music festivals
- List of folk festivals
- List of bluegrass music festivals
- Country music
- 2010 Canberra Country Music Festival a success, 22 November 2010, archived from the original on 12 March 2012
- About Canberra Country Music Festival
- Knaus, Christopher (19 November 2012). "Country music festival given silent treatment as crowds fail to show". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 18 June 2016.
- "Canberra Country Music Festival next weekend", Country Music Bulletin, 30 October 2009, archived from the original on 24 February 2011
- Skinner, Steve (26 November 2010). "Enjoying the sweet insouciance of ute". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 18 June 2016.