|Headquarters||Chino Hills, California|
|Products||mattresses, hot tubs, bath tubs, showers, toilets, sinks and accessories|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Sundance Spas, ThermoSpas, Dimension One Spas, Hydropool, Bathwraps, Dream Maker Spas, Sunrise Spas|
Jacuzzi Brands LLC, through its subsidiaries, is a global manufacturer and distributor of branded baths, hot tubs, pools and saunas. JACUZZI is a federally registered trademark of Jacuzzi Inc. as of September 5, 1978.
Founded in 1915 by seven Italian brothers from Casarsa della Delizia in Northern Italy, led by Giocondo Jacuzzi and Candido Jacuzzi, Jacuzzi Brothers made wooden propellers under military contracts, based at 2043 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, California. In 1920, the brothers also dabbled briefly with aircraft design and manufacture, with a single-seat monoplane and a seven-seat cabin monoplane. Both aircraft were noted for their use of laminated wood products for fuselage manufacture, but were essentially unsuccessful, with only one of each type being built. In 1921, Giocondo Jacuzzi, a pilot, and two company employees were killed when one of their planes crashed in Modesto. By 1923, the company was styled as Jacuzzi Bros Propellers, with headquarters at 1450 San Pablo Ave.
In 1956, when Candido Jacuzzi's toddler Ken was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, the brothers designed a pump, the J-300, that could be submerged in a bathtub to provide hydrotherapy treatments. In 1968, Jacuzzi created the world's first integrated jet whirlpool bath, and by 1970, Jacuzzi invented larger indoor tubs to accommodate groups of people or whole families.
In 2017, Jacuzzi LLC acquired Hydropool Hot Tubs and Swim Spas, and BathWraps.
In 2019, Jacuzzi LLC was acquired by Investindustrial
In 2020, Jacuzzi LLC acquired Leisure Manufacturing, including Dream Maker Spas, and Sunrise Spas brands.
- Jacuzzi 1920 Single Seater Monoplane 1
- Powered by a converted Ford Model T engine.
- Jacuzzi 1920 Single Seater Monoplane 2
- modified aircraft with re-designed tail unit and powered by a Roberts 4-X engine
- Jacuzzi J-7 Reo
- "USPTO-Trademark Search". tmsearch.uspto.gov. USPTO. Retrieved May 29, 2017.
- Italia d'America - Repubblica.it » Ricerca
- Hic sunt leones, di Stefano Lorenzetto (ed. Marsilio)
- "Jacuzzi Plane Wrecked" Aerial Age Weekly (July 25, 1921): 461.
- Eckland, K.O. "Aircraft of North America 1903-2003". Aerofiles.com. USA. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "LEGACY". jacuzzi.com.
- Jacuzzi Brands Is Going Private. The New York Times (Reuters), October 12, 2006.
- "Jacuzzi Group Worldwide Acquires Assets of ThermoSpas®". finance.yahoo.com. Yahoo!. May 31, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- "Official Sponsor of the US Ski Team - Jacuzzi". en.jacuzzi.eu. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Sponsorships". Jacuzzi Hot Tubs in United States. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "U.S. Ski Team Announces Partnership With Jacuzzi Brand". U.S. Ski Team. December 2, 2015. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- "The Jacuzzi Brand is a proud sponsor of the U.S. Ski Team and FIS Alpine World Cup Tour". 3 December 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Industry leader adds leading swim spa company and bath remodel business to its portfolio". Jacuzzi Brands LLC acquires Hydropool and BathWraps. Jacuzzi. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Investindustrial - Jacuzzi Brands". www.investindustrial.com. Retrieved 2020-02-04.
- "American airplanes: Ja - Ju". Aerofiles.com. 2008-08-15. Retrieved 2011-02-12.
- "No. 9530. Jacuzzi Monoplane". Shumaker Collection. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Jacuzzi Seven Passenger Monoplane". Aviation and Aircraft Journal. 10. 1921. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "No. 6628. Jacuzzi J-7 Reo". Shumaker Collection. Retrieved 8 May 2013.