Carlos López Rivera
|Carlos López Rivera|
|Mayor of Dorado|
August 3, 1987
|Preceded by||Alfonso López Chaar|
September 14, 1958 |
Dorado, Puerto Rico
|Political party||Popular Democratic Party (PPD)|
Carlos A. López Rivera (born September 14, 1958) is a Puerto Rican politician and current mayor of Dorado. López is affiliated with the Popular Democratic Party (PPD) and has served as mayor since 1987.
Early years and studies
Carlos A. López Rivera was born in Dorado on September 14, 1958. He graduated from the José S. Alegría High School and then completed a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, with a major in Accounting and Finances, from the University of Puerto Rico.
López was first sworn in as mayor of Dorado on August 3, 1987 succeeding Alfonso López Chaar. He was then officially elected at the 1992 general elections. He has been reelected in 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008.
In 1997, López was convicted for crimes against public order but never served time. His case can be looked up in the Puerto Rico Judicial Branch website under case number G4CR199700460.
- "Fin de semana de tomas de posesión en la isla". El Nuevo Día. January 11, 2013.
- Elecciones Generales 1992: Alcalde de Dorado on CEEPUR
- Elecciones Generales 1996: Alcalde de Dorado on CEEPUR
- Elecciones Generales 2000: Alcalde de Dorado on CEEPUR
- Elecciones Generales 2004: Alcalde de Dorado[permanent dead link] on CEEPUR
- Elecciones Generales 2008: Alcalde de Dorado on CEEPUR