Catherine Alexandra McBride-Chang, Ph.D. is a professor of developmental psychology at the Chinese University of Hong Kong specializing in the acquisition of early literacy skills. She received her BA in Psychology from Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio. She received her MA in 1992 and PhD in 1994 from the University of Southern California, and completed a post-doctoral fellowship at Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL. She has had two books published, Children's Literacy Development and Reading Development in Chinese Children. She is currently the Past-President of the Society for the Scientific Study of Reading (SSSR).
- McBride-Chang, C., Cho, J.-R., Liu, H., Wagner, R. K., Shu, H., Zhou, A., Cheuk, C. S.-M., & Muse, A. (2005). Changing models across cultures: Associations of phonological and morphological awareness to reading in Beijing, Hong Kong, Korea, and America. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 92, 140-160.
- Chow, B. W.-Y., McBride-Chang, C., & Burgess, S. (2005) Phonological processing skills and early reading abilities in Hong Kong Chinese kindergartners learning to read English as a second language. Journal of Educational Psychology, 97, 81-87.
- Chiu, M. M., Chow, B. W.-Y., & McBride-Chang, C. (2007). Universals and specifics in learning strategies: Explaining Adolescent Achievement in mathematics, science, and reading across 34 countries. Learning and Individual Differences, 17, 344-365.
- Ip, H. M., Cheung, S. K., Chang, L., & McBride-Chang, C. (2008). Associations of parenting styles of Filipina domestic helpers and mothers with Hong Kong kindergarten children’s social competence. Early Education and Development, 19, 284-301.
- McBride-Chang, C., Lam, F., Lam, C., Doo, S., Wong, S. W. L., & Chow, Y. Y. Y. (2008). Word recognition and cognitive profiles of Chinese pre-school children at-risk for dyslexia through language delay or familial history of dyslexia. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 49, 211-218.
- Chow, B. W.-Y., McBride-Chang, C., & Cheung, H. (2008). Dialogic Reading and Morphology Training in Chinese Children: Effects on Language and Literacy. Developmental Psychology, 44, 233-244.
- McBride-Chang, C. & Chen, H.C. (2003). Reading Development in Chinese Children. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishing, ISBN 0897898095
- McBride-Chang, C. (2004). Children's Literacy Development, (Texts in Developmental Psychology Series). London: Routledge, ISBN 0340808004
- "Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). Department of Psychology, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- "McBride-Chang Catherine Alexandra". Department of Psychology, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- "Past-President: Catherine McBride". Society for the Scientific Study of Reading. 2014-12-16. Retrieved 2016-06-06.
- "Studies from Chinese University of Hong Kong Reveal New Findings on Child Psychology", Psychology & Psychiatry Journal, May 7, 2011, (subscription required ()).
- "Korean Middle School Students Come Top in Reading", The Chosun Ilbo, April 4, 2006.
|This biography of an American psychologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|