|Born||8 December 1975|
|Other names||Celia Morgan|
|Occupation||Journalist, novelist, critic|
Piers Morgan (m. 2010)
Celia Morgan (née Walden; born 8 December 1975) is a British journalist, novelist and critic.
Walden is a feature writer and former gossip columnist. She was the last editor of The Daily Telegraph's now defunct diary "Spy". She previously wrote for the Evening Standard and the Daily Mail. Her first novel, Harm's Way, was published in 2008.
On 24 March 2011, Walden wrote a column in The Daily Telegraph expressing her hatred of cyclists, fair weather cyclists in particular. The end of her article read "[…] and of course this lot are so confident on the roads that they will all be plugged into their iPods, calmly humming 'lalalalala' along to Sasha Distel as that articulated lorry indicates left". The article was published in the same week that a cyclist in central London had been killed by a heavy goods vehicle (HGV).
Walden’s memoir from 2011 of her time spent with footballer George Best, Babysitting George, was criticised by his widow Alex Best, who threatened legal action against the book’s publisher Bloomsbury Publishing. Sunday newspaper The Observer quoted Best’s former mistress, Gina Devivo, describing the work as being by someone "with a very good imagination".
She added: "I am most angry for George, because he is not here to defend himself. It just didn't happen that way. George would be absolutely livid. He only ever spent a few days with Celia and had no rapport with her at all. I did tell Celia it was wrong before publication and she told me she would put something in the front of the book saying it had all happened 'to the best of her memory'. In the end, though, she thanks me for my 'continuing friendship' in the first pages even though she hadn't seen me for eight years”.
- About. Celia Walden (website). Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Driven crazy by a fluttering Fair Weather Cyclist". telegraph.co.uk. 2011-03-24. Retrieved 2011-08-20.
- "A reply to Celia Walden". cycling-intelligence.com. 2011-03-25. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- Thorpe, Vanessa (29 May 2011). "George Best's widow and his lover unite against 'totally unfair' memoir". The Observer. London. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Piers Morgan marries Celia Walden". The Daily Telegraph. 25 June 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "Fourth Child On the Way for Piers Morgan".
- "First Glimpse Of Piers Morgan's Daughter Elise". 27 November 2012.