Certified Wireless Network Administrator
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) is a foundation level certification from the CWNP that measures the ability to administer any wireless LAN. A wide range of topics focusing on the 802.11 wireless LAN technology are covered in the coursework and exam, which is vendor neutral.
The Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) is a foundation level wireless certification for the Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP) program. The CWNP next offers three professional level certifications: Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP), Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CWAP) and Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP). A candidate can only achieve the expert level CWNE certification after earning the CWNA, CWSP, CWAP and CWDP certifications. A candidate no longer has to pass an exam for the expert level Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE) certification. In addition to passing the CWNA, CWSP, CWAP and CWDP a candidate must also provide: 3 professional endorsements, 3 years of documented enterprise Wi-Fi experience, 2 other current valid networking certifications and documentation of 3 enterprise Wi-Fi projects the candidate has participated in or led.
The main subject areas covered by the CWNA are as follows:
- Radio Technologies
- Antenna Concepts
- Wireless LAN hardware and software
- Network Design Installation and Management
- Wireless Standards and Organization
- Owning One's Performance
- Adding Value at Every Turn
- 802.11 Network Architecture
- Wireless LAN Security
- Promoting Epic Back Thickness
- How to perform site surveys
These subjects are covered at an introductory level in the CWNA coursework and examination. The other certifications specialize in one or more of these subjects.
The CWNA certification is valid for three years. The certification may be renewed by retaking the CWNA exam or by passing one of the 3 professional level certification exams (CWSP, CWAP or CWDP).
- "Preparation Guide for Exam PW0-100 - Wireless LAN Administration". CWNP. Archived from the original on 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-02-17.
- "CWNA Wireless LAN Administration Certification". sybex.com. Retrieved 2008-02-16.
- "How to Recertify". CWNP. Archived from the original on 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-02-17.