Chamber of Horrors (1966 film)
|Chamber of Horrors|
|Directed by||Hy Averback|
|Produced by||Hy Averback|
|Written by||Stephen Kandel|
|Narrated by||William Conrad|
|Music by||William Lava|
|Cinematography||Richard H. Kline|
|Edited by||David Wages|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
Chamber of Horrors is a 1966 horror film directed by Hy Averback and starring Patrick O'Neal, Cesare Danova, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Wayne Rogers and Laura Devon. The screenplay is by Stephen Kandel, from a story by Kandel and Ray Russell.
Danova and Hyde-White are proprietors of a wax museum in Baltimore who are also amateur sleuths. They are drawn into the investigation of Jason Cravette (O'Neal), an insane murderer who kills a woman and then "marries" her. They help the police capture him, but he escapes and vows vengeance on all who "betrayed" him.
The film used the gimmicks of the Fear Flasher[clarification needed] and the Horror Horn[clarification needed] to alert viewers to grisly moments. The film was released theatrically because it was too intense for television. The gimmicks were added (along with a few star cameos like Tony Curtis, Suzy Parker, and Marie Windsor) to increase the running time. There are plot similarities between this and Dark Intruder, which was released the previous year.
The film is narrated by William Conrad.
- Patrick O'Neal: Jason Cravette/Jason Caroll
- Cesare Danova: Anthony Draco
- Wilfrid Hyde-White: Harold Blount
- Laura Devon: Marie Champlain
- Patrice Wymore: Vivian
- Suzy Parker: Barbara Dixon
- José René Ruiz: Senor Pepe De Reyes
- Philip Bourneuf: Insp. Matthew Strudwick
- Jeanette Nolan: Mrs. Ewing Perryman
- Marie Windsor: Madame Corona
- Wayne Rogers: Police Sgt. Jim Albertson
- Vinton Hayworth: Judge Walter Randolph
- Richard O'Brien: Dr. Romulus Cobb
- Inger Stratton: Gloria
- Berry Kroeger: Chun Sing
- Chamber of Horrors on IMDb
- Chamber of Horrors at AllMovie
- The Bad Movie Report(http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/reviews/C/ChamberHorrors.html)
|This 1960s horror film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|