Child Abuse Investigation Team
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are 19 borough Child Abuse Investigation Teams, and five specialist sections:
- The Major Investigation Teams investigate child homicide and complex abuse enquiries within a family environment.
- The Paedophile Unit investigates the activities of organised paedophiles and those who manufacture and distribute paedophile material/child pornography.
- The Hi-Tech Crime Unit provides technical support and investigates Internet-based child abuse.
- The Safeguarding Children and Development Unit provides information and support to the MPS on prevention and partnership initiatives and works with the London Child Protection Committee. It also supports the Safeguarding Children Independent Advisory Group and other community partnerships in prevention and education within distinct communities in London.
- The Ports Safeguarding Team are a small team of detectives based at Heathrow Airport working closely with UK Visas and Immigration dealing with child protection issues, which include child trafficking, child abduction and the monitoring of high-risk sex offenders entering and leaving the UK.
- "Hampshire Constabulary: Child Abuse Investigation Unit". Hampshire.police.uk. Archived from the original on September 29, 2006. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "Leicestershire Constabulary - Our departments - Child Abuse Investigation". Leics.police.uk. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "Leicestershire Constabulary - Careers - Child Abuse Investigation Unit". Leics.police.uk. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "Metropolitan Police Service - Specialist Crime Directorate". Met.police.uk. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
|This United Kingdom law enforcement agency article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|