Choate, Hall & Stewart
|No. of offices||1|
|No. of attorneys||170|
|Major practice areas||Business and Technology, Finance & Restructuring, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Private Equity, Wealth Management|
|Revenue||$274.7 million (2021)|
|Profit per equity partner||$3.24 million (2021)|
|Founder||Charles F. Choate Jr., John Hall, Ralph A. Stewart|
In 2019, The Vault named Choate one of the top ten law firms to work for in the United States. That same year, the Firm's summer associate program was ranked number seven in the country.
Choate, Hall & Stewart was founded in 1899 by Charles F. Choate Jr. and John L. Hall, later joined by Ralph A. Stewart.
In 2018, Choate, Hall & Stewart joined other national law firms in raising salaries for first-year associates. During the same year, the firm acted as legal counsel for Phoenix Tower International during its purchase of telecommunication assets in the Dominican Republic.
Choate, Hall & Stewart has long engaged in the practice, common only among Boston law firms, of serving as an investment broker, particularly in the 21st century. The firm’s money management affiliate goes by the name of Choate Investment Advisors.
- Ryan, Greg (February 3, 2016). "Three more partners leave Locke Lord, this time for Choate Hall & Stewart". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- "Can Choate Keep Living Large by Thinking Small?". The American Lawyer. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- "Best companies to work for|Vault.com". Vault. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- Kahlenberg, Richard (1999). Broken Contract: A Memoir of Harvard Law School. University of Massachusetts Press. p. 109. ISBN 1558492348. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "Choate, WilmerHale join parade of law firms raising associate pay to $190K". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- "Phoenix Tower International enters agreement to purchase 1,049 telecommunication assets in the Dominican Republic". Market Watch. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- "Longtime D.C. publisher acquired by UK media company". Washington Business Journal. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- Clifford M. Marks (July 15, 2010). "Watch Out Hedge Funds, Here Come the Law Firms". Law Blog, Wall Street Journal. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- "Five things you should know about Todd Millay". Boston Globe. Retrieved July 3, 2019.