Choate, Hall & Stewart
|No. of offices||1|
|No. of attorneys||200|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Revenue||US$ 253.6 million (2018)|
|Profit per equity partner||US$ 1.41 million (2017)|
|Founder||Charles F. Choate Jr., John Hall, Ralph A. Stewart|
Choate Hall & Stewart LLP, commonly referred to as "Choate", is a Boston-based law firm. The firm is known for having a one-office approach to its operations. It is ranked the seventh most profitable law firm in the United States.
In 2019, The Vault named Choate one of the top ten law firms to work for in the United States. That same year, the Firm's summer associate program was ranked number seven in the country. 
Choate, Hall & Stewart was founded in 1899 by Charles F. Choate Jr. and John Hall, later joined by Ralph A. Stewart.
In 2018, Choate, Hall & Stewart joined other national law firms in raising salaries for first-year associates. During the same year, the firm acted as legal counsel for Phoenix Tower International during its purchase of telecommunication assets in the Dominican Republic.
Choate, Hall & Stewart has long engaged in the practice, common only among Boston law firms, of serving as an investment broker, particularly in the 21st century. The firm’s money management affiliate goes by the name of Choate Investment Advisors.
- "Choate Hall & Stewart LLP". Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Choate makes big leap on list of highest-grossing law firms". Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- Ryan, Greg (February 3, 2016). "Three more partners leave Locke Lord, this time for Choate Hall & Stewart". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- "Can Choate Keep Living Large by Thinking Small?". The American Lawyer. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Choate ranks among best in U.S. in revenue metric". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Best companies to work for|Vault.com". Vault. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- Kahlenberg, Richard (1999). Broken Contract: A Memoir of Harvard Law School. University of Massachusetts Press. p. 109. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Choate, WilmerHale join parade of law firms raising associate pay to $190K". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Phoenix Tower International enters agreement to purchase 1,049 telecommunication assets in the Dominican Republic". Market Watch. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Longtime D.C. publisher acquired by UK media company". Washington Business Journal. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- Clifford M. Marks (July 15, 2010). "Watch Out Hedge Funds, Here Come the Law Firms". Law Blog, Wall Street Journal. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- "Five things you should know about Todd Millay". Boston Globe. Retrieved 3 July 2019.