City Under Siege (film)
|City Under Siege|
|Directed by||Benny Chan|
|Produced by||Alvin Lam|
|Music by||Anthony Chue|
Chan Kwok Hung
|Edited by||Benny Chan
Chan Sing Yan
Beijing Enlight Pictures Limited
Shanxi Film Studio
Shenzhen Film Studio
Guangzhou City Ying Ming Culture Communication
|Distributed by||Universe Films Distribution|
|Budget||$10 million USD|
City Under Siege (simplified Chinese: 全城戒备; traditional Chinese: 全城戒備) is a 2010 Hong Kong science fiction action film directed and co-written by Benny Chan. The film follows a group of circus performers who goes on a rampage after an accidental exposure to chemical gas left by the Japanese army in World War II, granting them superhuman abilities.
Sunny is the orphaned child of a former knife throwing master. After his father's death, he is taken in by his uncle, who allows him to perform as a clown, since he did not inherit his father's knife throwing skills. Sunny still wants to be a knife thrower, though. He is tormented by his cousins, who are all performers in his uncle's troupe.
Many years ago,somewhere in Malaysia,when the Japanese are experimenting on some gases that mutates people when their lab explodes,killing all inside.
One day, Sunny overhears a plan the rest of the troupe a making to explore a cave, rumored to be filled with gold. Instead of killing Sunny, they use him as the point man for their expedition. They find crates filled with capsules and force Sunny to open them. Inside the first are numerous plates of gold. They then try to kill Sunny, and continue opening the rest of the capsules, which end up containing experimental gas which transforms them into superhuman monsters.Sunny accidentally killed one of the troupe member's younger brother and he escaped the group's wrath.But he also got exposed on the gas and collapses on a smuggler's ship heading to Hong Kong.He was thrown overboard when the crew discovered him.
A few days later,Angel,a reporter discovered him,in his fat form after he woke up from his coma.He was driven to a safe house somewhere.While sleeping,Sunny drains his fat and excess water.He woke up as his normal form,but with heightened senses.He tried to call his uncle,but shocked when his uncle was arrested by the Malaysian police for the incident while he was interrupted by incessant mosquitoes flying to him.
Meanwhile,several armored cars,banks and jewelry shops was blown and several millions were stolen by unidentified persons and several medical experts was abducted.A mutant couple acted as a group of detectives investigates the matter.
Angel was fired on her own program for a newer one.And while she's walking,she saw a hostage drama.Sunny also saw the scene and uses a stick to disarm the hostage taker.He became an instant hero,but also blowing his position to his mutated former troupe members.He was also became an instant star and endorser when he was interviewed by Angel herself.The troupe tried to kill him for his blood,believed to be the antidote for the virus.The attack was repelled and one mutated member was killed,but exposed Sunny's weakness to cold.The mutant detective couple decided that they are to be Sunny's bodyguards.
In one commercial shoot,he was attacked by the troupe again,nearly killing Sunny and Angel escaped,but another member died by burning.Sunny recovers while away and trains under the detective for the inevitable showdown between the two.
- Aaron Kwok as Sunny, an ordinary circus clown who was accidentally exposed to chemical gas turns into a mutant with superhuman abilities.
- Shu Qi as Angel 
- Collin Chou as Zhang Dachu 
- Zhang Jingchu as Xiuhua.
- Wu Jing as Sun Hao.
The film was released in Hong Kong on 12 August 2010.
- "'City under Siege' Throws out First Trailer". China Radio International. 2010-07-05. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Chun sing gai bei (City Under Siege) (2010) - Box Office Mojo". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2015-01-31.
- "Filming Gets Underway for City on Alert". Wujing.org. 2009-06-07. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Stills of Aaron Kwok's Thrilling Appearance in "City Under Siege" Released". China Radio International. 2009-06-21. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Who Could've Put An Entire City Under Siege and Who Could Liberate It?". Wujing.org. 2009-06-25. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Alert: Photos of City Under Siege". Wujing.org. 2010-05-30. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "全城戒備 City Under Siege" (in Chinese). HKHeadline. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- City Under Siege at the Internet Movie Database
- City Under Siege at the Hong Kong Movie DataBase
- City Under Siege at the Hong Kong Cinemagic
|This Hong Kong film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|