Oaxaca regions and districts: Mixteca to Northwest
|• Total||1,666 km2 (643 sq mi)|
The region is generally from 2,000m to 3,000m high, mostly hilly or mountainous with small plains. Temperatures range from 3°C to 36°C. Much of the area has been deforested and rainfall has decreased in recent years, affecting production of the standard crops of corn, wheat, beans and barley. It is the traditional home of the Chocho people, although they are now a small minority. The population has been shrinking due to emigration for economic reasons.
The district includes the following municipalities:
- Concepción Buenavista,
- San Cristóbal Suchixtlahuaca,
- San Francisco Teopan,
- San Juan Bautista Coixtlahuaca,
- San Mateo Tlapiltepec,
- San Miguel Tequixtepec,
- San Miguel Tulancingo,
- Santa Magdalena Jicotlán,
- Santa María Nativitas,
- Santiago Ihuitlán Plumas,
- Santiago Tepetlapa,
- Tepelmeme Villa de Morelos and
- Tlacotepec Plumas.
- "Distrito 03 Coixtlahuaca" (PDF). Oeidrus Oaxaca. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "Chochos o Chocholtecas". Go-Oaxaca. Archived from the original on June 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "Enciclopedia de los Municipios de México: Estado de Oaxaca". Retrieved 2010-07-08.
|This article about a location in the Mexican state of Oaxaca is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|