The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Combat Archery is also known as Archery Tag due to the company called Archery Tag which supplies equipment for the sport. Due to trademark reasons, other companies apart from Archery Tag have rebranded this sport as Arrow Tag  and Archery Dodgeball  and provide the service under these various titles.
Archery Tag was invented by John Jackson of Waterloo, Indiana in 2011. The game experienced a boost in popularity from the Hunger Games book and film series, which features a bow-wielding protagonist, and Jackson staged Archery Tag games at local premieres of the films. By 2014, Jackson had licensed the game to 170 locations, mostly in the United States, and also in The Netherlands, Russia, Peru and Saudi Arabia. Currently a huge hit in main metropolitans such as Los Angeles thanks to vendors that provide Archery Tag, it's popularity is transitioning into Asia.
Rules & Game play
The combat archery sport game play is a combination of 3 other main sports which include, Dodgeball, Paintball, and Archery. Participants form teams of 5 and shoot at opponent large foam tip arrows using a bow . To avoid injury, participants wear protective face masks and use bows with less than 30lb draw weight.
The game's rules closely resemble dodgeball. The game begins with a number of arrows in the center of the arena. At the whistle, players race to collect them, before firing them at one another across the playing field. A player is eliminated if struck by an arrow, and a player can bring an eliminated teammate back into play by catching an arrow.
- "Arrow Tag". airballingla.com. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- "Archery Dodgeball | a reference of Archery Tag". airballingla.com. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- Anderson, Stacey (8 May 2014). "Archery Tag Offers a Tame Version of 'The Hunger Games'". The New York Times. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "One vendor of Archery Tag in Los Angeles". airballingla.com. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- Cruz, Irene. "You can safely shoot your friends with arrows in Rocklin". KXTV. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "New Charlottesville Company Launches Archery Tag Game". nbc29.com. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
|This archery article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|