Computer science and engineering
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) is an academic program at many universities which comprises scientific and engineering aspects of computing. CSE is also a term often used in Europe to translate the name of engineering informatics academic programs. It is offered in both Undergraduate as well Postgraduate with specializations.
Academic programs vary between colleges. Undergraduate Courses usually include programming, algorithms and data structures, computer architecture, operating systems, computer networks, parallel computing, embedded systems, algorithms design, circuit analysis and electronics, digital logic and processor design, computer graphics, scientific computing, software engineering, database systems, digital signal processing, virtualization, computer simulations and games programming. CSE programs also include core subjects of theoretical computer science such as theory of computation, numerical methods, machine learning, programming theory and paradigms. Modern academic programs also cover emerging computing fields like image processing, data science, robotics, bio-inspired computing, computational biology, autonomic computing and artificial intelligence. Most of the above CSE areas require initial mathematical knowledge, hence the first year of study is dominated by mathematical courses, primarily discrete mathematics, mathematical analysis, linear algebra, Probability, and statistics, as well as the basics of Electrical and electronic engineering, physics - field theory, and electromagnetism.
Example universities with CSE majors
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Oxford
- University of Asia Pacific
- California Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- North South University
- Northwestern University
- University of Barisal
- University of Chittagong
- American University of Beirut
- Santa Clara University
- University of Michigan
- University of New South Wales
- University of Washington
- Bucknell University
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- National University of Singapore
- University of Nevada
- University of Notre Dame
- Delft University of Technology
- "GATE CS 2021 (Revised) Syllabus". GeeksforGeeks. 2020-08-08. Retrieved 2021-06-20.
- "Courses in Computer Science and Engineering | Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering". www.cs.washington.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Home | MIT Schwarzman College of Computing | Massachusetts Institute of Technology". computing.mit.edu.
- "Home | Department of CSE | University of Asia Pacific". www.uap-bd.edu.
- "Stanford Computer Science". cs.stanford.edu. Retrieved 2021-04-12.
- "Home | School of Engineering and Physical Science | North South University". www.northsouth.edu.
- "Computer Science and Engineering at American University of Beirut (AUB)" (PDF).
- "Computer Science and Engineering at Michigan".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at UNSW".
- "Welcome to Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering | Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering". www.cs.washington.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Computer Science Majors". www.bucknell.edu. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITK".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITB".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITD".
- "Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering".
- "Computer Science & Engineering". University of Nevada, Reno. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Department of Computer Science and Engineering". cse.nd.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering". TU Delft. Retrieved 2020-12-08.