Craig Reid (footballer, born 1986)
|Date of birth||26 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Irvine, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
(on loan from Motherwell)
|TASS Thistle B.C.|
|2007–2008||→ Stirling Albion (loan)||13||(0)|
|2008–2012||Queen of the South||113||(1)|
|2015–||→ St. Mirren (loan)||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 November 2015 (UTC).
Craig Reid (born 26 February 1986) is a Scottish footballer who is currently playing for St. Mirren, on loan from Scottish Premiership club Motherwell. Reid plays as a defender who can play at either right back or centre half.
Craig attended Ardrossan Academy.
Reid started his career as a youth player with Celtic from 2002 until 2007 but never made a first team appearance, after signing from Ardrossan boys club TASS Thistle. Celtic loaned him out to Stirling Albion during the first half of the 2007–08 season to gain some first team experience. Reid played in 13 league matches during his time at Forthbank Stadium.
Reid signed for Dumfries side Queen of the South in the January 2008 transfer window. Queens progressed to the 2008 Scottish Cup Final, but Reid was unable to play because he was cup-tied having played for Stirling Albion in a previous round of the competition. Reid played for the Palmerston club in both legs of the Uefa Cup Qualifiers against Danish side FC Nordsjælland.
Reid established himself in the first team of the Palmerston Park side during the 2009–10 season. He signed a new two-year contract extension with Queens on 23 April 2010.  Reid's first senior goal was the opener in the Challenge Cup semi final 2–1 win away at Peterhead on Saturday 9 October 2010 when he lashed home a loose ball inside the box.
On 23 April 2011, before the home match versus Cowdenbeath, Davie Rae presented Reid with a trophy in recognition of his century of appearances for the first team. Reid, however, did not complete the match due to receiving a red card.
On 16 July 2012, Reid signed for Greenock Morton on a one-year deal. HIs contract expired in May 2013. Reid played as a trialist on 24 July 2013 for Coventry City as they lost 2–0 to Fleetwood Town. On 18 October 2013, Reid re-signed for Morton until January 2014. He left the club upon expiry of his contract.
After training with the club during pre-season, Reid signed for Motherwell until the end of the season, on 21 February 2014. Reid made a major contribution by scoring the winning goal, in injury time, of the final fixture of the season to secure second place ahead of rivals Aberdeen. On 28 May 2014, he signed a new two-year contract with the club.
- MSC Player of the Year: 2012–13
- Queen of the South
- Scottish Challenge Cup: Runners-Up 2010–11
- Young Player of the Year: 2009–10
- Player of the Year: 2010–11
- 2 x Scottish Youth Cup: winners
- 3 x Scottish Youth League: winners
- 4 x Scottish Reserve League: winners
- "Craig Reid Q&A". gpfootball.com. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Reid joins Queens from Celtic". BBC Sport. BBC. 1 February 2008.
- "Peterhead 1 – 2 Queen of the South" www.qosfc.com
- "Century up for Reid" www.qosfc.com 28 Apr 2011
- "Queen Of The South 2 – 2 Cowdenbeath" www.qosfc.com 23 April 2011
- Mitchell, Jonathan (16 July 2012). "Three new players on the books". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- Crowley, Kieran (24 July 2013). "Trialists impressed tonight". Coventry City F.C. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Signing News – Craig Reid". Greenock Morton F.C. 18 October 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Motherwell sign Craig Reid". Motherwell F.C. 21 February 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Motherwell clinch second spot from Dons". BBC. 11 May 2014. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "TV: Reid signs two-year deal". Motherwell F.C. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "Loan Signing: Craig Reid". 30 October 2015. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- Macpherson, Graeme (30 October 2015). "St Mirren sign Craig Reid from Motherwell on emergency loan". The Herald (Herald & Times Group). Retrieved 31 October 2015.