Writer/Director Cristóbal Krusen
Screenwriter, film director and author, Cristóbal Krusen was born and raised in Tampa, Florida. While an English major at Harvard University, he intended pursuing a career as a novelist and poet. A growing interest in photography and the history of cinema, however, led him to simultaneously explore the world of filmmaking.
Eventually, he changed his major and schools, graduating from New York University (BFA, Film and Television) in 1976. That same year he started working in New York City with a small production company making commercials and industrial films. In the years that followed, Cristóbal worked for other New York-based companies in a range of capacities, including script reader, film editor, writer, and finally director/producer.
In the mid-1980s, Cristóbal began to focus on Spanish-language productions for U.S. based relief agencies and Christian ministries outside of the USA. In 1988 he founded Messenger Films, and produced his first dramatic film, the award-winning Ropa Nueva para Felipe (New Clothes for Felipe).
In 1989 Cristóbal earned his MFA at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.
Reflecting the international orientation of his work, Cristóbal has won awards at major film festivals in the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Tanzania, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Mexico and Cuba. Working in multiple languages, he is known for a poetic style and the ability to draw intense and intimate performances from actors. Above all, he is a “story-teller” who delights to engage his audience while addressing the deepest needs of the human heart.
Sabina K., Krusen's newest completed film, has been shot on location in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and had its world premiere at the 2015 Sarajevo Film Festival. In June 2016, Sabina K. won Best Picture and Best International Film at ICVM in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Sabina K. (2015) 
- Undaunted... The Early Life of Josh McDowell (2011)
- The Bill Collector (2010)
- First Landing (TV Movie) (2007)
- More Than Dreams (2006)
- Final Solution (2001)
- ¿Con Quién Te Vas? (1996)
- Rescatados del Infierno (TV Movie documentary) (1994)
- Ropa Nueva para Felipe (Short) (1990)
- Life or Death (Pre-production) 2016
- "Harvard or Hollywood? An Interview with Filmmaker Cris Krusen". ChristianCinema.com. 11 July 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "CRISTOBAL KRUSEN". WordServe Literary Group. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Messenger Films". Messenger Films, Inc. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Author Search – Cristóbal Krusen". Tyndale Momentum. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Đević, T. (23 March 2014). "Bosnians know what is important in life". Dnevni Avaz. Archived from the original on 3 April 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.