|Country|| Czech Republic
|Part of||European Union Military Staff|
The decision to form the CSB (Czech-Slovak Battlegroup), was made in 2005, and developed in 2006. Between 2006 and 2008, the details of the chain of command were negotiated. The group was active in 2009, and was at full preparedness from 1 July 2009 until 31 December 2009.
The CSB consists of 2600 soldiers, 2200 of which are Czechs, and 400 Slovaks. When at full preparedness, the CSB is capable of rapid deployment to anywhere within 6,000 kilometres (3,700 mi) of Brussels.
- Marek, Dan; Baun, Michael (2010). The Czech Republic and the European Union. Routledge. p. 157. ISBN 9781136940989.
- Bonaiuti, Chiara; Lodovisi, Achille (2010). Sicurezza, controllo e finanza. Le nuove dimensioni del mercato degli armamenti (in Italian). Milan: Editoriale Jaca Book. p. 273. ISBN 8816409274. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Report on the Foreign Policy of the Czech Republic: between January 2006 and December 2006. Prague: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic. 2007. p. 64. ISBN 8086345599. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Czech Republic (2007). Report on the Foreign Policy of the Czech Republic: between January 2006 and December 2006. Ministerstvo zahraničních věcí České republiky. p. 64. ISBN 9788086345598.
- Kořan, Michal (2010). Czech Foreign Policy in 2007-2009: Analysis. Ústav mezinárodních vztahů. p. 139. ISBN 9788086506906.