Danse Macabre (album)
|Studio album by The Faint|
|Released||August 21, 2001|
|Genre||Indie rock, new wave, dance-punk|
|Producer||The Faint and Mike Mogis|
|The Faint chronology|
|Consequence of Sound|||
Danse Macabre is the third studio album by the Omaha-based new wave band The Faint. It was released on August 21, 2001 in the U.S. and roughly a year later in the UK, where it has enjoyed similar popularity.
This album is the 37th release of Saddle Creek Records.
The first pressing of Danse Macabre on vinyl and CD included a different, unauthorized photo that led to them being pulled and having the covers re-printed with an image of The Faint member Dapose.
|4.||"Let the Poison Spill from Your Throat"||4:02|
|5.||"Your Retro Career Melted"||3:51|
|6.||"Posed to Death"||3:09|
|9.||"Ballad of a Paralysed Citizen"||4:28|
Note: The vinyl version of "Danse Macabre" moves "Violent" to track five, putting it on side 1.
- Written and performed by The Faint
- Gretta Cohn - cello on 3, 8, 9
- Geraldine Vo - Vietnamese job list vocal and its translation on 3
- Melix Severin, Gretta Cohn, Kathleen Massara - vocal atmosphere on 8
- P. Anka - verse inspiration on 9
- A.J. Mogis - bowed bass on 9
- Original cover photo by Jim Newberry
- All songs (C) Grammar Out Of Context (SESAC)
- Booking: Eric Dimenstein / ground control touring
- Engineered and produced by Mike Mogis and The Faint at Presto! Recording Studios, 135 S. 19th St., Lincoln, NE, 68510
- Mastered by Doug Van Sloun at Studio B