Demetri (Khoury) of Jableh
Demetri (Matta Khoury), Titular Bishop of Jableh, was an auxiliary bishop of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America from 1995 to 2003. As of 2013[update] he was an auxiliary bishop of the Iglesia Católica Apostólica Ortodoxa De Antioquia México-Venezuela-Centroamérica-El Caribe in the Exarcado De El Caribe.
Born: Taybeh-Ramallah, West Bank Region September 20, 1948, to the V.Rev. Ibrahim and Hanneh Khoury.
- Our Lady of Balamand Monastery, Koura, Lebanon
- St. John of Damascus Orthodox Theological Academy (Balamand) Koura, Lebanon
- Hellenic College, Brookline, MA (1974—B.A. in Philosophy and Religion)
- Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Brookline, MA (1978—M.Div.)
- Deacon, September 6, 1975
- Priest, September 7, 1975
- Archimandrite, 1981 by Metropolitan Philip
- Bishop, March 12, 1995, by Patriarch Ignatius IV, in St. Mary Cathedral (Mother Cathedral of the Antiochian Patriarchate), Damascus, Syria
- Pastor, St. George Church, Boston, MA
- Pastor, St. Mary Church, Cambridge, MA
- St. George Church, Allentown, PA
- Dean, St. Nicholas Cathedral, Brooklyn, NY
- Dean, St. George Cathedral, Coral Gables, FL
- Bishop of Jableh (Syria); Auxiliary Bishop, Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America (1995-2003); assigned by Metropolitan Philip to Toledo, OH, Chancery.==Bibliography==
- Gillquist, Peter E., "The Elevation of Demetri (Khoury) to the Holy Episcopacy" WORD MAGAZINE 39.5 (May 1995), 4-8.