|Born||Dennis Dan Teresi
August 14, 1954
Dennis Dan "Denny" Teresi (born August 14, 1954), now known as Dennis Terry, is an American radio disc jockey and former phone phreak most famous for being the person who introduced John Draper to the field of phreaking. Both Draper and Teresi were operating pirate radio stations in the San Jose, California area.[better source needed] Their initial contact came when Teresi responded by telephone to one of Draper's pirate broadcasts.
In the documentary The Secret History of Hacking, Teresi is identified as an expert in social engineering. Teresi's mastery of the phone company's jargon allowed him to speak with phone company employees and trick them into revealing more information.
- "KTAO Roster". www.afana.org. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- "My First Visit". The Real Captain Crunch. Archived from the original on 2012-10-14.
- Secret History of Hacking (2001), retrieved 2017-07-22
- "On this day in 1978." The Spartan Daily, February 8, 2012, p. 6.
- Kava, Brad (2006-12-01). "Why it sounds a lot like Christmas on the air earlier and earlier". East Bay Times. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- Lapsley, Phil (2013-02-05). Exploding the Phone: The Untold Story of the Teenagers and Outlaws who Hacked Ma Bell. Grove/Atlantic, Inc. ISBN 9780802193759.