Dharti Kahe Pukarke
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dharti Kahe Pukarke|
|Hindi||धरती कहे पुकार के|
|Directed by||Dulal Guha|
|Produced by||Deenanath Shastri|
|Written by||B.R. Ishara (dialogues)
Majrooh Sultanpuri (lyrics)
|Edited by||G. G. Mayekar|
Dharti Kahe Pukarke (English: Call of the Earth) is a 1969 Indian Hindi-language film produced Deenanath Shastri by on Vaishali Films banner, directed by Dulal Guha. Starring Jeetendra, Nanda, Sanjeev Kumar in the lead roles and music composed by Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
Kanhaiyalal plays a poor farmer living with his wife and two half brothers (played by Sanjeev Kumar and Jeetendra). Sanjeev Kumar studies law supported by his brothers while Jeetendra helps Kanhaiyalal in cultivating the piece of land they own. Kanhaiyalal loans some amount from local moneylender against this piece of land for Sanjeev Kumar's law studies. Jeetendra is also in love with this moneylender's daughter, played by Nanda. With the passage of time, industrialisation and circumstances compel the brothers to disperse. Married Sanjeev Kumar, after learning about the amount loaned by his brother, leaves his modern wife, brothers and decides to come back only after he has sufficient amount to repay the loan. On the other hand, Jeetendra moves to the city as a driver to earn livelihood. How the family values, proper education, righteousness and eternal bond between the brothers help them getting together forms the rest of the story.
- Sanjeev Kumar
- Durga Khote
- Tarun Bose
- Abhi Bhattacharya
- Leela Mishra
- Asit Sen
- A. K. Hangal
- Lyricist: Majrooh Sultanpuri
- Playback Singers: Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi, Mukesh
- Dialogue: B.R. Ishara
- Art Director: Desh Mukherjee
- Editor: G. G. Mayekar
- Cinematographer: M. Rajaram
- Music Director: Laxmikant-Pyarelal
- Producer: Dinanath Shastri
- Director: Dulal Guha
- Production Company: Vaishali Films
- Narrator: Dharmendra
|1||"Dharti Kahe Pukar Ke"||Mohammed Rafi||4:35|
|2||"Diye Jalaye Pyar Ke Chalo"||Lata Mangeshkar||3:30|
|3||"Ja Ra Kare Badra"||Lata Mangeshkar||4:35|
|4||"Je Hum Tum Chori Se"||Mukesh, Lata Mangeshkar||3:30|
|5||" Khushi Ki Woh Raat Aa Gayi"||Mukesh||5:35|
- "Dharti Kahe Pukarke (Overview)". IMDb.
- "Dharti Kahe Pukarke (Banner)". Osianama.
- "Dharti Kahe Pukarke (Direction)". MuVyz.
- "Dharti Kahe Pukarke (Cast & Crew)". gomolo.
- "Dharti Kahe Pukarke (Review)". IBOS.
- "Dharti Kahe Pukarke (Remarks)". Bollywoodhungama.
- "Dharti Kahe Pukarke (Music Review)". Songs.PK.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|