From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||Look up Dnieper in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
||Look up Dnepr in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
||Look up Dnipro in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Dnieper, Dnepr from (Russian) Днепр, or Dnipro from (Ukrainian) Дніпро can mean:
- Dnipro, formerly known as Dnipropetrovsk, a Ukrainian fourth largest city, administrative centre of the Dnipropetrovsk Oblast.
- Dnieper River or Dnipro river, river flowing through Russia, Belarus and Ukraine to the Black Sea.
- Dnieper Rapids are the historic rapids on the Dnieper river.
- Dnieper-Bug Estuary, estuary, or liman, of two rivers: the Dnieper and the Southern Bug.
- Dnieper-Donets Rift, the east-west running rift in the Sarmatian Craton.
- Dnieper Upland, southeastern European plain occupying the territory between the Dnieper and Bug rivers.
- Dnieper–Bug Canal (alternately spelled Dnepr-Bug Canal), or the Dneprovsko-Bugsky Canal is the longest inland ship canal in Belarus.
- Dnieper Reservoir, a water reservoir on the Dnieper River in Ukraine.
- Dnieper Ukraine, central Ukraine under the Russian Empire.
- BC Dnipro, a Ukrainian basketball club based in the city of Dnipro.
- Dnipro-Arena, a football stadium in Dnipro, Ukraine.
- FC Cherkaskyi Dnipro, a professional Ukrainian football club from the city of Cherkasy.
- FC Dnepr Smolensk, a Russian football club.
- FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, a Ukrainian football club.
- FC Dnipro-75 Dnipropetrovsk, a Ukrainian football club.
- FC MKK-Dnepr Rogachev, a Belarusian football club based in Rogachev, Gomel Oblast.
- FC Dnepr Mogilev, a Belarusian football club.
- Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (Ukrainian: "Дніпро" Дніпропетровськ), a bandy club from Dnipro in Ukraine.
- Battle of the Dnieper was a military campaign that took place in 1943 on the Eastern Front of World War II.
- Dnestr radar (Russian: Днестр) and Dnepr radar (Russian: Днепр), both known by the NATO reporting name Hen House are the first generation of Soviet space surveillance and early warning radars.
- Dnieper–Carpathian Offensive was a strategic offensive of Soviet Armed Forces.
- Dnieper Flotilla, the name given to the various naval flotillas on the Dnieper River.
- Dnipro-1 Regiment, a Special Tasks Patrol Police regiment subordinated to Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
- SS-18 Satan, the Dnepr missile.