Dressed as a Girl
|Dressed as a Girl|
|Directed by||Colin Rothbart|
|Produced by||Colin Rothbart, Chris Amos|
|Screenplay by||Colin Rothbart|
|Starring||Jonny Woo, Scottee, Amber, John Sizzle, Pia, Holestar|
Dressed as a Girl is a documentary film of East London’s alternative drag scene, directed by Colin Rothbart, which focuses on both the public and personal lives of some of the key performers on the alternative drag scene.
According to the US/Canadian magazine Vice it has been called a "frockumentary" which, as well as looking at the public face of the drag scene, it tells the personal stories of six of its performers.
Although the film documents the highs and lows of their personal lives as well as their 'on-stage' personas, The Guardian notes that "Once the film-maker returns to his subjects off-hours, however, he identifies as much subtle and cherishable variation as there is among birds of paradise."
Colin Rothbart … Director | Colin Rothbart ... Producer | Chris Amos ... Producer
Original music for the film was provided by Amber Swallowz, Paul Warkworth, Feral Five, The Beef, Black Gold Buffalo, The Dash, Feral Is Kinky, Fil OK, Holestar, Hannah Holland, Jojo De Freq, K-Tron/Sma5H TV, Mama, Per QX, Mama Shamone, Phil Spalding, Nigel Stewart, Jim Warboy, Jon Pleased Wimmin and Jonny Woo
- Screen Daily. Peccadillo secures 'Dressed As A Girl' for UK. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-03
- IMDB. Dressed As A Girl IMDB entry. Retrieved 2015-10-26
- Vice Abraham, Amelia. The Business of Drag: We Talked to Some of London's Biggest Drag Queens About the Scene in 2015. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-26
- "Dressed As a Girl review – Hi-NRG birds of paradise perform". theguardian.com. 2015-10-01. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- http://www.dressedasagirl.com. Dressed As A Girl Synopsis. Retrieved 2015-10-26
- Front Row Reviews Interview with 'Dressed As A Girl' Director Colin Rothbart. 16 April 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-26
- Dressed As A Girl Dressed As A Girl - The Music. Retrieved 2015-11-26