Dundas railway station
North-east bound view in November 2012
|Location||Station Street, Dundas
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||24.84 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||20 April 1896|
|Electrified||9 August 1959|
|Previous names||Kissing Point Road|
Dundas railway station is located on the Carlingford line, serving the Sydney suburb of Dundas. It is served by Sydney Trains T6 Carlingford line services. The station has a single platform on a single track branch. There is a pedestrian level crossing to reach the other side of the line. The platform is only 4 cars long.
Dundas station was built as part of a new privately owned railway between Rosehill and Carlingford. Freight facilities were intended to be provided at the station to serve the nearby quarries. The station opened on 20 April 1896 as Kissing Point Road, but the line was never used, as the owner had got into financial difficulty. The line was later taken over by the government and upgraded. The line opened for traffic on 1 August 1901 and the station was renamed Dundas. The design of the platform building has historic significance as the only former privately built station building on the government railway network. The building was largely destroyed by fire in 2006 and was rebuilt to the same design the following year.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Carlingford
services to Clyde
Sydney Buses operate two routes via Dundas station:
- 545: Chatswood station to Parramatta station via Eastwood
- 550: Chatswood station to Parramatta station via Eastwood, limited peak hour service
- Churchman, Geoffrey (1995). Railway Electrification in Australia & New Zealand. Smithfield: IPL Books. p. 94.
- "The Rosehill-Pennant Hills Railway - Steady work going on". The Cumberland Argus and Fruitgrowers' Advocate. 12 January 1895. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Carlingford Railway". The Town and Country Journal. 10 August 1901. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Dundas Station NSWrail.net
- "Dundas Railway Station Group". Office of Environment & Heritage. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Parramatta Light Rail - How the preferred network was chosen". Transport for NSW. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "T6: Carlingford line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 545 and 550 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 20 October 2013.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW