This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Birmingham, Alabama, USA|
|Revenue||US$2.5 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
EBSCO Industries is an American company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. It was founded in 1944 by Elton Bryson Stephens, Sr. (hence the EBSCO acronym Elton Bryson Stephens COmpany). EBSCO is one of the largest privately held companies in Alabama, and one of the top 200 in the nation, based on revenues and employee numbers, according to Forbes Magazine.
EBSCO was co-founded by Elton Bryson Stephens, Sr. and his wife Alys Robinson Stephens in 1944 to sell magazine subscriptions, personalized binders and magazine racks to the U.S. Armed Forces. They named this "Military Service Company", and over the next decade acquired several other companies that were eventually combined to form EBSCO Industries Inc.
- "The largest private companies". Forbes. November 9, 2006.
- "EBSCO Industries, Inc. - History". Ebscoind.com. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- "EBSCO Publishing and The H.W. Wilson Company Make Joint Announcement of Merger Agreement". hwwilson.com (Press release). June 1, 2011. Retrieved August 24, 2011.
- Barrett, William P. (December 29, 1997). "Mousetrapped". Forbes.
- "H.W. Wilson Company". The New York Times.
- "EBSCO Industries, Inc". Ebscoind.com. Retrieved February 17, 2015.