App cover of Egg, Inc.
|Release||iOS: July 14, 2016, Android: July 24, 2016|
Egg, Inc is an idle clicker game which is sold by Auxbrain Inc and is available on Android and iOS devices. It is about a future in which eggs unlock the secrets of the universe. The player's goal in the game is to make the most profitable egg farm.
The gameplay consists of a red button that can switch sizes and has a chicken on it. When the button is pressed, chickens are released and therefore, money is made from their eggs that they produce. This money can be used to further upgrade the egg farm by doing lab research which increases the value of the eggs, the speed that they are produced, and the size of the player's distribution fleet. To increase the profitability of the farm, the player can construct bigger spaces (called hen houses) to house more chickens, buy bigger trucks to transport more eggs and more grain silos to allow the farm to run by itself for longer periods of time. There is also epic research which is purchased with golden eggs and is permanent (does not reset when the player upgrades their egg or prestiges). This includes decreasing the price of buildings and research and increasing the size of the hatchery. Egg, Inc also allows the player to earn currency by watching advertisement videos. Every few minutes, a white truck will come by and drop off a package containing money (the value of which is scaled up as the farm value increases). When the player's farm has higher income, and the production rate is higher, the player can upgrade to a different egg, restarting, but with each egg selling for a higher base price. Later egg types, trucks, and hen houses are themed as being futuristic.
There are also drones which when clicked on will give the player cash. Sometimes the player may get a few golden eggs instead. Golden eggs are the premium currency; while they can be earned while playing, they can also be bought with real money, and they do not reset when upgrading the egg type or starting over. With the aforementioned currency, the player either buy temporary power-ups, like unlimited chickens when you tap for 30 seconds or double revenue for 2 hours, or can get epic research, which is used to upgrade other aspects, such as the chance of getting a rare drone, or increasing the amount of time for double revenue. When the player's farm reaches a certain value based on the egg, the player can upgrade the type of egg their farm sells to one with greater value and start over.
There is also an option to "prestige". This sends the player back to the first egg, losing all cash, but keeping golden eggs and epic research. However, when the player prestiges, the player earns soul eggs which each give the player a 10% increase in their farm's earnings.
Gamezebo gave the game 4 out of 5 stars praising the game as being "satisfying to say the least", "ideal for short or long bursts of gaming" and "slow burning soon turns into compelling" while criticizing it as "ultimately a little pointless" and being a little plain.
- http://www.gamezebo.com/author/jennifer-allen, Jennifer Allen (2016-07-27). "Egg, Inc. Review: Eggs-cellent fun". Gamezebo. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- "Why Egg, Inc is the new gold standard for idle game monetization". pocketgamer.biz. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- "Egg Inc. Tips, Cheats & Guide to Build the Biggest Egg Farm - Level Winner". Level Winner. 2016-07-31. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- "Egg, Inc". Blue Lagoon - App & Game Reviews, Rankings & Information Portal. 2016-07-29. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- "Egg, Inc. is the FarmVille of Idle Clickers". Lifewire. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- Willis, Tom (2016-08-02). "Egg Inc iOS App Review". The Zombie Chimp. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- "Egg, Inc – Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide". WriterParty. 2016-08-13. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- Premiumseadotcom (2016-10-14). "Bucket Insider: BucketPlay: Egg Inc. by Auxbrain". Bucket Insider. Retrieved 2016-12-18.
- "How To Count Your Chickens AND Hatch Them In Egg Inc". App Trigger. 2016-10-26. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- "Egg, Inc - Hack, Cheats, Tips, Tricks (Egg inc hack) (Egg inc tips) - Elitehacksor". Elitehacksor. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2016-12-18.
- "EGG, INC. Cheats: 6 Best Tips for Prestige, Research, Strategy Guide and Tricks". www.gameronlineguide.com. Retrieved 2016-12-16.