|Associated acts||Quitter UK
|Past members||Jim McNabb
Mike Chocolate Thunder
Dude from FredVegas/ Charlottesville
Emmet Swimming (who write their name as "emmet swimming") is a rock band from Fairfax, Virginia that was formed in 1990 at George Mason University. The band's name is a misspelled reference to Emmett Till, who died after being shot and thrown into a river. "The idea of the name was basically that a 14-year-old boy should be swimming in the river, not dying in it," said singer/founder Todd Watts. "Emmet Swimming" is also the name of an early song the band wrote.
They are known for their extensive touring. Regularly sold-out performances at the Fairfax live-music staples Planet NOVA, TT Reynolds and Fat Tuesday's drew major record label attention and the band continuously toured for over seven years, performing 200–300 shows per year. They played on the 1998 H.O.R.D.E. tour, and have also played and toured with Dave Matthews Band and Barenaked Ladies.
They still regularly play venues such as the 9:30 Club in Washington, DC and Ned Devine's in Herndon, Virginia. They have a large following of loyal fans who pack the house for their shows. The band has sold over 100,000 albums and has been nominated for 14 Washington Area Music Awards (WAMMIES).
- Todd Watts – vocals, guitar
- Erik Wenberg – guitar, vocals
- Scott Brotemarkle (Therm) – bass guitar
- Tamer Eid – drums
- Jim McNabb – bass guitar
- John Alexander – guitar
- Rob Shaw – bass guitar
- Luke Michel – bass guitar
- Derrick Decker – drums
- this kid walks into a bar... (2013)
- Bathing in the New Economy (EP) (2003)
- Big Night Without You (1998)
- Arlington to Boston (1996)
- wake (Epic) (1995)
- wake (1994)
- dark when the snow falls (1993)
- Griffith, JT. "Emmet Swimming". Allmusic. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- Watts, Todd (February 27, 2003). "Ancient History 1". Watts Vegas. Blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- Steinberg, Dana (March 2007). "Shamrock Fest 2007: Emmet Swimming". On Tap. Five O'Clock Publishing, LLC. Retrieved October 25, 2012.