Eric Heath (artist)
Eric Walmsley Heath
|Born||November 23, 1923|
|Known for||cartoons in the Dominion newspaper|
Eric Walmsley Heath (born 28 November 1923) is a New Zealand artist, illustrator and cartoonist.
Life and work
Heath was born in Wellington and began his professional life working as an filing clerk for The Evening Post. Hejoined the Royal New Zealand Air Force during the Second World War and served with the Air Sea Rescue Catalina Squadron in the Solomon Islands.
After his military service Heath returned to working for The Evening Post, training as a photo engraver. Subsequent to this he worked as a freelance artist. In 1965 Heath had his first cartoon published in the Dominion newspaper. He was the editorial cartoonist for the Dominion from 1964 until 1993 and produced 5 cartoons a week for 28 years.
- Marine Fishes of New Zealand by Eric Heath and John M. Moreland. Bailey Bros and Swinfen. 1969.
- Marine Fishes of New Zealand: Shoreline and Shallow Seas v. 1 (Mobil New Zealand nature series) by L. Paul and Eric Heath. Raupo Publishing (NZ) Ltd. 1997
- Marine Fishes of New Zealand: Deeper Coastal and Ocean Waters v. 2 (Mobil New Zealand nature series) by L. Paul and Eric Heath. Raupo Publishing (NZ) Ltd. 1997
- Seashore Life (Mobil New Zealand nature series) by Eric Heath and R.K. Dell. Raupo Publishing (NZ) Ltd. 1993
- Classic Steam Locomotives of New Zealand Vol 1 by Bob Stott and Eric Heath. Grantham House Publishing. 1994.
- "The story behind our art". Fish Art Gallery. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Wild, Jill (9 July 2010). "Drawn to artistic endeavours". Stuff. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "Eric Heath | New Zealand Cartoon Archive". www.cartoons.org.nz. 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "Eddie Davidson". www.wuc.org.nz. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- Bradwell, Judy (12 March 1979). "The private fun of Lodge and Heath". New Zealand Woman's Weekly: 24–26.
- Tucker, Denys W. (August 1969). "Marine Fishes of New Zealand by Eric Heath and John M. Moreland. Bailey Bros and Swinfen, 26s". Oryx. 10 (2): 134–134. doi:10.1017/S0030605300008085. ISSN 1365-3008 – via Oryx.
|This article about a New Zealand artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This profile of a cartoonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a New Zealand writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|