|Full name||Evangelos Oikonomou|
|Date of birth||18 July 1987|
|Place of birth||Corinth, Greece|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Left back / Center back|
|2006||→ Thyella Patras (loan)||8||(1)|
|2006–2007||→ Agios Dimitrios (loan)||30||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 September 2016.
Economou began his professional career by joining Ionikos in January 2005. During his time with Ionikos he also played for Thyella Patras and Agios Dimitrios on loan. After his loan spell, Ikonomou played his first match of the season, providing assist by winning a penalty, allowing Oliver Makor to convert, in a 2-1 win over Ethnikos Piraeus. At Ionikos, He soon became a first team regular. During the season, Ikonomou was sent off twice; The first was in a game against Giannina for receiving a second yellow card and the second was for receiving a straight red card.
In the summer transfer window, Ikonomou then signed for Kavala on a fee of €250K. He made his debut, making his first start and playing 90 minutes, in a 1-0 win over Levadiakos. He since established himself in the first team at Kavala. During the season, Ikonomou was sent off twice, like last season at Ionikos; The first was in a game against Aris for Mass confrontation in a 0-0 draw and the second was against Panionios for receiving a second yellow card on the final games of the season. However, the next season, Ikonomou playing time was soon reduced, with lack of first team opportunities and only made four appearance.
Because of the Kavala's involvement in the match-fixing scandal, Ikonomou was given a free transfer and joined Atromitos on a two-year deal with the club. He made his debut for the club, coming on as a substitute for goalscorer Stelios Sfakianakis, in a 1-0 win over AEK Athens. Months on, his playing time was soon reduced, like at Kavala, with lack of first team opportunities. But later on the season, his first team was soon progressed. Soon on 18 March 2012, Ikonomou scored his first goal for the club, in a 2-2 draw against Levadiakos. He also played in the Greek Cup Final, in a 2-1 loss against Greek Champions Olympiacos, having previously played against them on the final game of the season in the league. The next season, Ikonomou made no appearance for the club throughout the first half of the season and was given a free transfer by the club.
He signed for Scottish Premier League club Ross County in January 2013. After joining the club, Ikonomou revealed that countryman Georgios Samaras played a role in his joining Ross County. Ikonomou made his debut for the club, playing at left-back, in a 2–2 draw against Hearts. He then established himself in the left-back position in defence. In a 3–2 win over Celtic, Ikonomou provided an assist for Steffen Wohlfarth to score the winning goal in the 90th minute. In a 4–2 loss against Hearts, he scored an own-goal, to put Hearts in the lead. At the end of the season, Iknonomou left the club after manager Derek Adams gave up re-signing him for another season.
On 23 August 2013 the Greek Super League side Veria F.C. announced the sign of Ikonomou for 1 year. He was not among the priorities of his coach therefore, on 3 January 2014, Ikonomou returned to Ross County, signing a contract until the end of the 2013–14 season. On 4 January 2014, Ikonomou is poised to earn his second Ross County debut after being named in the starting lineup for his club visit of St Johnstone F.C. in the Scottish Premiership. The Greek left-back enjoyed a six-month spell at Victoria Park in the second half of last season, before signing on for an additional stint earlier this week.
After being released by Ross County, Ikonomou joined Cyprus side Doxa Katokopias on a one-year contract. Eventually, he did not play with Doxa Katokopias and signed to Panionios. On 28 September 2016, Panionios officially the extension of experienced central/left defender contract, until the summer of 2020.
- Greek Cup: Runners up 2011-12
- His last name is sometimes also transliterated as Economou or Oikonomou.
- Β Εθνική / ΙΩΝΙΚΟΣ ΑΟ ΠΑΕ / ΟΙΚΟΝΟΜΟΥ ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΟΣ (in Greek). Hellenic League. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- Spinasas, Ilias (10 January 2006). "Δανεικός ο Οικονόμου (Oikonomou loaned out)" (in Greek). NOVA Sport FM 94.6.
- "On loan Storm Patron Economou of Ionic" [Δανεικός στη Θύελλα Πατρών ο Οικονόμου του Ιωνικού] (in Greek). Contra.gr. 10 January 2006. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- ""See" Economou and John the PAS" ["Βλέπει" Οικονόμου και Γιάννου ο ΠΑΣ] (in Greek). PAS Sports.gr. 23 August 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "O Korinthios Vangelis Economou Atromitos" [O Kορίνθιος Βαγγέλης Οικονόμου στον Ατρόμητο] (in Greek). Loutrakiblog. 5 October 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Looks Economou" [Κοιτάζει Οικονόμου] (in Greek). Sentra Goal. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Ross County sign up defender Evangelos Ikonomou". BBC Sport. BBC. 15 January 2013. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Ross County new boy Evangelos Ikonomou gets glowing report from Greek pal Georgios Samaras". Daily Record. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Ross County 3 Celtic 2: Wohlfarth's strike sees County complete stunning comeback". Daily Record. 9 March 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Hearts 4 Ross County 2: Locke's men refuse to go quietly as they exit on to lesser stage". Herald Scotland. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "County go for Dutch of class". The Scottish Sun. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Απέκτησε τον Βαγγέλη Οικονόμου η Βέροια". Ο Πληροφοριοδότης. 23 August 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Ποδοσφαιριστής της ΒΕΡΟΙΑΣ ο Ευάγγελος Οικονόμου". Veriafc.gr. Retrieved 2013-08-23.
- "Triple Signing". rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Evangelos Ikonomou poised for second Ross County debut". www.sportsmole.co.uk.Retrieved 4 January 2014
- Κάλυψε το κενό με τον Κορίνθιο (in Greek). sentragoal.com.cy. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Ανανέωσε μέχρι το 2020 στον Πανιώνιο ο Οικονόμου (in Greek). www.sport24.gr. Retrieved 28 September 2016.