Everybody Dance Now (TV series)
|Everybody Dance Now|
Logo for Everybody Dance Now (The dancer shown in the logo differs in each eyecatch)
|Creative director(s)||Jason Gilkison|
|Presented by||Sarah Murdoch|
|Theme music composer||Robert Clivillés & Freedom Williams|
|Opening theme||"Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" by Justice Crew|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Executive producer(s)||Sandra Fulloon|
|Running time||120 minutes|
|Production company(s)||FremantleMedia Australia|
|Original network||Network Ten|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||12 August 2012 – 19 August 2012|
Everybody Dance Now was an Australian reality television dance competition that premiered on 12 August 2012 on Network Ten. The show was produced by FremantleMedia Australia, and hosted by Sarah Murdoch.
Everybody Dance Now was open to solo acts, duos and groups of any age, style or size. They were divided into two teams, with each being led by the dance masters Jason Derülo and Kelly Rowland, who would "challenge, train and mentor" their acts. The teams faced a studio audience in each episode "to do battle in a colosseum-style dance duel." During the heats stage of the competition, eight acts would perform in each episode, with two acts winning $10,000 and progressing through to the finals to compete for the ultimate prize of $250,000.
On 21 August 2012, Network Ten cancelled the show due to poor ratings, and all prize money was donated to charity.
Everybody Dance Now consisted of two phases: heats and finals. The show was open to dancers of all ages and styles, who were divided into two teams, with each being taken under the guidance of big name entertainment celebrities known as the dance masters, to do battle in a colosseum-style duel. During the heats stage of the competition, eight acts would perform during each episode in four duels. Once each duel was complete, the studio audience would vote for the act they think should progress through to the dance duel decider round. During this round, the studio audience would vote again for the two acts they think should win $10,000 and progress through to the finals. During the finals, dance acts would compete for the ultimate prize of $250,000. But there turned out to be no finals, and of course, no winners, due to the show's cancellation.
|Region/country||Local title||Network||Winners||Judge||Main presenters|
|Netherlands||Everybody Dance Now||RTL 4||Season 1, 2013: Justen Beer
Season 2, 2014: The Daddies
Lieke van Lexmond
|Thailand||Thailand Dance Now เต้น...สุดขั้ว||Channel 3||Season 1, 2013: Current Season||Rattapoom Toekongsap
- Idato, Michael (25 June 2012). "Sarah Murdoch to Host Everybody Dance Now on Channel Ten". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- Knox, David (21 August 2012). "Report: Producer exits Everybody Dance Now". TV Tonight. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- Knox, David (15 July 2012). "Airdate: Everybody Dance Now". TV Tonight. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "About the Show". Everybody Dance Now. Network Ten. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- Knox, David (21 August 2012). "Axed: Everybody Dance Now". TV Tonight. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- Knox, David (9 May 2012). "Auditions: Everybody Dance Now". TV Tonight. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- Hambly, Natalie (13 August 2012). "TV Review: Everybody Dance Now". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 14 August 2012.