Everything I Love (song)
|"Everything I Love"|
|Single by Alan Jackson|
|from the album Everything I Love|
|B-side||"It's Time You Learned About Good-Bye"|
|Released||January 13, 1997|
|Format||Promo-only CD single|
|Alan Jackson singles chronology|
"Everything I Love" is a song written by Harley Allen and Carson Chamberlain, and recorded by American country music singer Alan Jackson. It was released in January 1997 as the second single and title track from his album of the same name. The song reached number 9 on the U.S. country singles charts with it.
"Everything I Love" is a mid-tempo ballad where the narrator lists off various vices that are harmful to him, such as "cigarettes, Jack Daniels and caffeine." He then adds his former lover to the list, before saying "Everything I love / I'm gonna have to give up / 'Cause everything I love is killin' me." The song was written by Harley Allen and Carson Chamberlain, who also wrote "Between the Devil and Me", the album's fifth single.
"Everything I Love" debuted at number 73 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of January 18, 1997.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||6|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||9|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||61|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||71|
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Everything I Love review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3172." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. April 7, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Alan Jackson – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alan Jackson.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1997". RPM. December 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Best of 1997: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.